Disappointing going from 7 night cruises to a 5 night?

Name Of The Game

We do fly in one day ahead and to be honest, even that one day seems long until we get on the ship. We just stay at the hotel, use the pool for an hour, try to find a restaurant within a five minute walk for dinner, and rest. I know we could venture further, but we're carrying a lot of money and not every hotel has a safe. We also don't want to take any chances of mishaps right before our cruise. Some might think we're being overly cautious. Yes we are cautious by nature and the purpose of flying the day before is to know we're safely there so that's why we choose to wait at the hotel until it's time to go to the ship.

We do fly in one day ahead and to be honest, even that one day seems long until we get on the ship. We just stay at the hotel, use the pool for an hour, try to find a restaurant within a five minute walk for dinner, and rest. I know we could venture further, but we're carrying a lot of money and not every hotel has a safe. We also don't want to take any chances of mishaps right before our cruise. Some might think we're being overly cautious. Yes we are cautious by nature and the purpose of flying the day before is to know we're safely there so that's why we choose to wait at the hotel until it's time to go to the ship.

To me....tampa isn't a great place to stay anyway (no offense to any one from tampa).....Orlando isn't far away on i-4 and there is the disney thing. Honestly, getting away from laundry, cooking, dinner and mom's taxi service is a vacation for me.....no matter where I am:D:D

I've read all the posts and will throw in my two cents.

Even though your Legend cruise wasn't up to snuff, why not give it another shot? We cruised Dec. 12-19 and (with the exception of very rough seas the first two days, causing us to miss Grand Cayman) it was a GREAT trip! I believe the Legend goes into dry dock next month.

We're actually leaning toward the Legend Sept 18 sailing. They have a good roll call going already. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Legend but in comparison to our Freedom cruise the following year noticed food and service was much better on the Freedom. We know that is subject to change. I do appreciate all the comments.

To answer some of the questions:

We don't like driving long distances so don't want to drive to Baltimore. We also don't want to cruise to a cooler climate (Canada?) or just to the Bahamas.

Air to FLL is currently $330 PP (last year we paid $280). Tampa is $230.

Oh another thing....besides the 5 night being initially $400 lower there's a good chance they'll implement the fuel supplement again, tips would be a few bucks cheaper, plus less money spent on excursions/bingo.

Thanks for all your replies.

Sounds to me like you have your mind made up so why all the worries just go have a good time and enjoy your vacation.

For us, the 5 feels like a 7 day but any shorter and its terrible. Tghe shortest we will do is 5 day. Its a great deal pricewise and time if you cant get off from work enough. We have done the indpiration a few times for 5 dayers and loved it!!

Archived