The best cruise line NCL RC Carnival or other

vols_159

I don't know if there is a "best" cruise line. Each line has its own personality, its own style. It's up to you to decide which is a better fit for you. I've sailed RCCL, Celebrity and NCL and here is what I like about each:

RCCL: The ship is the destination

NCL: Freestyle dining and casual dress

Celebrity: Formal Elegance

But IMO they all deliver a good basic product. When I shop for a cruise, I look at itinerary, price, and specific ship probably more than cruise line.

OP.. while I appreciate your question, I agree with Steel on this. I'm a travel bug and actually trying to get certified to be a travel agent. The reason I say that is because I am always talking travel to everyone.. LOL. One thing I always say is that no one cruise line is good for everyone. For instance.. I have cousins who have enough money to sail any cruise line they want, yet for years they have always sailed Carnival. It would take a LOT of arm twisting to EVER get me back on a Carnival ship. So, I always say, to each his own, when it comes to picking a cruise ship. NCL just happens to be the best fit for us, so far. That isn't to say we don't want to try other lines. We would love to try Princess and Celebrity, just to name a few. Also, I would take another RCCL cruise in a heart beat. We love NCL without a doubt, but there is plenty of room in the cruise industry for choices.. 8-)

have cruised RC and Carnival and last 8 cruises with NCL which we prefer overall...its a personal preference and when you find a favorite you will know.

on RC we liked that there was alot to do actually on the ship

Carnival-ice cream available all the time and party-party

X so catered to but a little to "stuffy" for us

NCL~FREE~STYLE always GREAT deals and destinations...right now NCL

fits our CRUISE STYLE!!!

Vol's

When I want elegance, with and itinerary to match, I book HAL. When I want economy with an itinerary to match, I book NCL. I enjoy both cruiselines, but there are differences. Its sort of like shopping at Macy's, versus Target. NCL has a great product, great entertainment, fair food, smaller cabins. HAL has a great product, so, so entertainment, great food, and fantastic cabins.

My final discriminator is itinerary. I can wear shorts, NCL or tux HAL, depending on the occasion, both provide a great product.;)

Ive been on NCL 1 and booked for my 2nd cruise I was just wondering how NCL compares to the other companies.. We loved NCL last march and cant wait for this march!! Just wondering..

Thanks,

Jonathan

The answer is simply at matter of opinion and what you are looking for in a cruise experience. Of those you asked about I love NCL. We like the friendliness of the crew, we like the relaxed atmosphere and we prefer no dress up nights. Others like the traditional dining offered more on other lines. All 3 lines are more alike than different I would add.

Nita

Archived