First time on Celebrity! Daytime dressing?

danyelle

Hey guys, We're sailing on the Summit to Bermuda in May. This will be our first time on Celebrity. We've been reading up and are really excited about everything being said about the line in general so far.

My question is, I've noticed lots of comments about how the dressing for dinner is taken more seriously than on the lines I've been on in the past (RCCL and NCL) but what about the daytime wear? Is it still just casual (tank tops and shorts?) or is it like...resort wear (still not sure what that even means!)...or what?

I don't want to have to dress up during the day, but don't want to stick out like an underdressed mess either.

Please let me know!

Thanks!!

Hey guys, We're sailing on the Summit to Bermuda in May. This will be our first time on Celebrity. We've been reading up and are really excited about everything being said about the line in general so far.

My question is, I've noticed lots of comments about how the dressing for dinner is taken more seriously than on the lines I've been on in the past (RCCL and NCL) but what about the daytime wear? Is it still just casual (tank tops and shorts?) or is it like...resort wear (still not sure what that even means!)...or what?

I don't want to have to dress up during the day, but don't want to stick out like an underdressed mess either.

Please let me know!

Thanks!!

Welcome to Celebrity! I fell in love with Celebrity and Summit when I sailed on her in 2009. It is now our favorite line.

Yes, you can wear casual wear during the day. We always wore shorts and t-shorts or bathing suits and coverups. You can't wear your bathing suit into the buffet area, but if you have a cover up on noone says anything.

Yes Celebrity guests do tend to dress up more in the evening, but it's not a requirement. Resort casual is something nice, such as a sun dress, pants and top, dress, or shirt and top and for the men kahkis, or pants and a collared shirt. Some men wear jackets too. Jeans used to be on the "do not wear" list, but they are now allowed in the MDR on non formal nights and we saw a lot of people wearing them in December.

What cabin are you in? Do you have any questions about this ship or Celebrity?

Enjoy your cruise!

cabin.jpg

cabin2.jpg

ship4.jpg

You'll see ALL sorts of clothing/outfits during the day and into the early evening! Last cruise I was returning to our cabin from the spa - in bathing suit/cover-up/hair in a towel - where I had enjoyed a trio of massages - including a scalp massage (hence the towel). You can only imagine the sight - it wasn't pretty no matter how fab I felt!! Anyway, the elevator door open and it was half full with a family ready for the fist seating on formal night! They were in tuxes and gowns and me well....

You'll be fine - just get ready to ENJOY! and have a GREAT cruise!!

You'll see ALL sorts of clothing/outfits during the day and into the early evening! Last cruise I was returning to our cabin from the spa - in bathing suit/cover-up/hair in a towel - where I had enjoyed a trio of massages - including a scalp massage (hence the towel). You can only imagine the sight - it wasn't pretty no matter how fab I felt!! Anyway, the elevator door open and it was half full with a family ready for the fist seating on formal night! They were in tuxes and gowns and me well....

.... which works both ways of course. We usually dine early, so on formal nights we are often in best bib-and-tucker on deck for the sailaway while nearly everyone else is still in poolside order! So WE feel like WE'RE the lemons!:D

Amen to that!

On formal nights, there is always that time-frame where you see the weirdest combinations of how people are dressed. That is my favourite moment to people watch :) (andsince we always do late dining, I'm always the one in shorts while everyone else is already all pretty!)

One comment about Bermuda itself. I have been there a couple of times on a combined business/pleasure trip. My experience was that people on the island itself tended to dress a little more upscale than you see on other islands. Nothing you need to run out and buy new clothes for, just a tad bit dressier. You may see more bermuda shorts than short shorts, and more 'Lands End' type clothes than bikini tops and cutoffs. Has been a few years since I've been there, but that was my experience.

We were on the Eclipse in December - it was our first Celebrity cruise too. Contrary to everything I had read, Eclipse passengers were no better dressed than any other cruiseline we've taken (Princess, Carnival and Royal). In fact, there were far fewer passengers in really formal attire than I've ever seen on any other cruise! Mostly men in suits and women in cocktail dresses - almost no tuxedos and evening gowns.

Have fun!

Archived