Landshark beer on the Liberty?

jpennin217

I looked at the most recent drink menu and did not see Landshark advertised on it. Several other forums are indicating that Carnival is starting to sell it. That being said does anyone know if there is Landshark beer on the Liberty? Are they 16oz plastic bottles and what are charging for them? Thank you in advance!

I looked at the most recent drink menu and did not see Landshark advertised on it. Several other forums are indicating that Carnival is starting to sell it. That being said does anyone know if there is Landshark beer on the Liberty? Are they 16oz plastic bottles and what are charging for them? Thank you in advance!

Yummm. We had them on the Destiny a couple months ago, and the bartender said Landshark was going to be on all the ships now. They are 16 oz. cans, and they cost $4.95 plus grat. That's almost $1.00 less than 16 oz. Bud/BL, which cost $5.75 plus grat. And they taste much better (to me anyway).

And for anyone who might not know how to save a couple bucks on beer... you can order a bucket of them - 4 in a bucket - and save 50 cents each, or $2.00 total. You can take the bucket back to your room or anywhere on the ship.

232323232%7Ffp53262%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D3397953448327nu0mrj

That would be nice because Landshark tastes better w/o a lime than Corona w/o a lime (IMO) since carnival won't let you drink one with a lime in the bottle :mad:.

I don't want to hijack the thread into a good beer-bad beer dialogue, but if you wish to imbibe in either of these swills, and want lime in the bottle, all you have to do is go to the bar and ask for a slice of lime and put it in the bottle yourself.

There are health regs, dictated by the CDC and other agencies, that prohibit bars and restaurants from putting any citrus fruit with rinds into drinks. And there are online urban myths of skin reactions to lime being put into beer and spewing out. The only reason some Mexicans ever ran a slice of lime around their bottle or can, but never put it into the beverage, was to keep the flys and gnats away. Plus lime does assist as a purgative in reliefing constipation:p

I don't want to hijack the thread into a good beer-bad beer dialogue, but if you wish to imbibe in either of these swills, and want lime in the bottle, all you have to do is go to the bar and ask for a slice of lime and put it in the bottle yourself.

LOL... I have more pictures :o As I recall, they did serve limes with our Coronas, along with that funky plastic bottle (since no glass allowed on Lido deck). Then again... maybe we had to ask for them. :confused:

232323232%7Ffp53274%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C4%3A25474327nu0mrj

There are health regs, dictated by the CDC and other agencies, that prohibit bars and restaurants from putting any citrus fruit with rinds into drinks. And there are online urban myths of skin reactions to lime being put into beer and spewing out. The only reason some Mexicans ever ran a slice of lime around their bottle or can, but never put it into the beverage, was to keep the flys and gnats away. Plus lime does assist as a purgative in reliefing constipation:p

Have you not heard of a bourbon and water with a twist? or, seeing a slice of lime served IN the beer? They put the rind in the drink - I find it hard to believe the citrus/ rind issue.

The lime/fly issue is an old wive's tale - so you're telling me there are more flies in Mexico than in, let's say, Texas? The lime thing is called marketing. Nothing mroe, nothing less.

Yummm. We had them on the Destiny a couple months ago, and the bartender said Landshark was going to be on all the ships now. They are 16 oz. cans, and they cost $4.95 plus grat. That's almost $1.00 less than 16 oz. Bud/BL, which cost $5.75 plus grat. And they taste much better (to me anyway).

And for anyone who might not know how to save a couple bucks on beer... you can order a bucket of them - 4 in a bucket - and save 50 cents each, or $2.00 total. You can take the bucket back to your room or anywhere on the ship.

232323232%7Ffp53262%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D3397953448327nu0mrj

That is great news! I hear bucket of Landshark with limes on the side calling my name upon boarding. They will go good with one of my cigars.

Archived