How Late After Docking Can You Depart Ship?

We are scheduled to arrive in Barcelona 04/16/2011 at 0600 on Liberty of Seas. Our flight out departs at 5:00PM. What is the latest time we can leave the ship? Want to avoid super-long wait at airport. Must we vacate cabin earlier than actual ship departure time? If so, are public area food options available until ship departure for coffee, soft drinks, etc?

We are scheduled to arrive in Barcelona 04/16/2011 at 0600 on Liberty of Seas. Our flight out departs at 5:00PM. What is the latest time we can leave the ship? Want to avoid super-long wait at airport. Must we vacate cabin earlier than actual ship departure time? If so, are public area food options available until ship departure for coffee, soft drinks, etc?

Normal "last off" is around 10.00am, but check with RCI because they recently introduced a program where you can stay onboard most of the day.

You might also look into a debarkation-day tour that will drop you off at the airport when it is finished. I have found that even those these can be a little pricey, they generally aren't too bad once you remove the cost of getting to the airport yourself and realize that 2-3 hours at the airport is definitely better than 10.

Brilliance out of Barcelona offered for $35 each that you could stay on board till 3.30.

Hope your ship does as well.

Chargable Drinks were charged to your credit card and vat was added. You could not leave the ship and return though.

Alternatives were the trips that ended at the airport.

Tip if you use the taxis from the airport or dock write down the terminal and number for the taxi driver. very few speak english.

Airport allow 30 minutes for taxi.

Hope it helps

g

Does anyone know any more details about being able to stay on the ship instead of disembarking in the morning on the last day? I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is only offered on certain ships. We will be on Oasis in May and our flight to go back home doesn't leave until 5 p.m. and I would just love to be able to stay on the ship until sometime in the afternoon rather than waiting at the airport for several hours.

Does anyone know any more details about being able to stay on the ship instead of disembarking in the morning on the last day? I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is only offered on certain ships. We will be on Oasis in May and our flight to go back home doesn't leave until 5 p.m. and I would just love to be able to stay on the ship until sometime in the afternoon rather than waiting at the airport for several hours.

As far as I know, it's only offered on European Sailings

Archived