Purchasing Liquor from Bon Voyage

Chowder_17

OK, I am trying to figure this out, need some help.

A liter of Bacardi is $40.00. If I was getting fruit punch and mixing drinks, how many drinks do you think you can get out of a liter?

I am just trying to see if it is a better deal than buying all my drinks at the bar.

I could not do the math on my own so I googled.

I learned that 1 litre is the the equivalent to just under 34 ounces.

We bought a bottle of rum last year and it worked great.

yeah i couldnt figure it out either....

My husband is saying that it wouldnt be that much cheaper than just going to the bar. He is saying i would be lucky to get 5 or 6 drinks out of a bottle. I think he has lost his mind......lol

yeah i couldnt figure it out either....

My husband is saying that it wouldnt be that much cheaper than just going to the bar. He is saying i would be lucky to get 5 or 6 drinks out of a bottle. I think he has lost his mind......lol

Your husband must mix some strong drinks.

5 or 6 drinks out of a bottle?? How many ounces of booze do you put in your drinks? Or do you drink it straight.

A normal mixed drink is usually an ounce or ounce and a half. Some like stronger drinks, so maybe 2 ounces....even with 2 ounces, that is still about 17 drinks out of the liter.

The cheapest rum drink would cost you about a bit over $6 with the 15% gratuity.

So, 17 drinks at the bar would be about $102...so now which looks better?

A bottle from Bon Voyage or drinks from bar?

5 or 6 drinks out of a bottle?? How many ounces of booze do you put in your drinks? Or do you drink it straight.

A normal mixed drink is usually an ounce or ounce and a half. Some like stronger drinks, so maybe 2 ounces....even with 2 ounces, that is still about 15 drinks out of the liter.

The cheapest rum drink would cost you about a bit over $6 with the 15% gratuity.

So, 15 drinks at the bar would be about $90....so now which looks better?

A bottle from Bon Voyage or drinks from bar?

THANK YOU!!!! I showed this to him and he was like...Oh Yeah, that would be about right.....lol

So 40 bucks is still alot more than i would pay at my local liquor store but a helluva lot cheaper than buying 15 drinks at the bar....lol

By the way, I wont even drink 15 drinks in 5 days.....Or will I? lol

Thanks to everyone for the replies......

If you don't like strong drinks, you could get 30+ drinks with that liter.

I have bought Vodka from Bon Voyage and ended up bringing some home on my last 2 cruises. I still bought a few drinks from the bar, but it definitely kept the bar bill down.

I'm not talking about wandering around the ship drinking from the bottle, I was more referring to bringing the bottle up to the lido to refill. Same as you would carry a bottle of wine to dinner....

We'll probably just do the flask idea, but I was just curious...

The main reason they dont want your bottle around is that they dont want glass bottles around, which of course could be a major problem. We did the BV last summer and might do it again in May..but would never take a glass bottle on the deck

If you don't like strong drinks, you could get 30+ drinks with that liter.

I have bought Vodka from Bon Voyage and ended up bringing some home on my last 2 cruises. I still bought a few drinks from the bar, but it definitely kept the bar bill down.

Ditto...I will do the same thing. Being the first cruise i will want to try a few different things.......

Archived