EPIC Excitement!

tjatczak

I thought I had eveything that I needed to know about the Epic. That was several months ago. We decided not to go and most of my information is now lost, but have now changed our minds and will cruise in March!:)

I am looking for ANY Epic information - at one time I had even seen a long detailed restuarant and entertainment listing - but I guess all of that was when there was a seperate Epic thread.

Please help direct me to this information or to pass along any EPIC suggestions or tips for our upcoming cruise.

Thanks to our fellow cruise lovers...

There is a great review on here somewhere that I read yesterday but couldn't get to the printer. The info included the restaurants and I believe, a lot of other things that would be helpful to both of us. Let's look on a following page.

Have a great trip!

There is a great review on here somewhere that I read yesterday but couldn't get to the printer. The info included the restaurants and I believe, a lot of other things that would be helpful to both of us. Let's look on a following page.

Have a great trip!

Just looked myself and it's on page 3 right now. Look for the review by oreomidnight.

Just looked myself and it's on page 3 right now. Look for the review by oreomidnight.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334391 Here's the link.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, HokiePoq! I'm off to read it. :)

DaveChipp, good one--thanks!

tjatczak, enjoy your short countdown to March!!

Edited by Sea Turtle

You beat me to it! I was going to post it "All thing Epic". We just booked for a 1/29 cruise and I have not had time to "cruise" the boards for all my insider info. Thanks to the 2 posters earlier with the great tips. A couple of things I did not see. Is there coin operated laundry available on the ship? Also is there a Single Meet and Mingle (my lovely daughter wants to go to this)? I am sure I will think of a few other things before we sail.

I had compiled a list for our 1/22 cruise that's coming up and posted it on our Roll Call for all others sailing with us:

As noted, here are some things that I have learned about the Epic over the last few months while researching on CC. **Disclaimer: Haven't been on the ship yet, so can't confirm or deny anything in the list**

FOOD AND DRINK

*O'Sheehans has awesome Fish & Chips, good wings and pitchers of beer for cheap

*The salad bar at Moderna is apparantly to die for.

*Shanghai Noodle bar is a la carte, try the Singapore Noodles

*Embarkation Day - Spice, Taste, O'Sheehans and buffet are all OPEN

*$5.00 pizza delivery almost anywhere (mixed reviews if pizza is actually good or not)

*Fruit juices only available in the morning

*When you order a drink, it’s always a short glass unless you specify tall.

*The Perfect Margarita is $8.50 and has two types of Patron

SHIP

* Big screen in the Atrium shows games (specifically Jan 23rd playoff games – NFC at 3:00 and AFC at 6:30)

*Port side has orange carpets, Starboard side has blue.

*Screens show restaurant status: Green=plenty of space. Amber=Filling up. Red=Full.

CABINS

*Request extra towels and hangers early

*Two drawers under couch bed for storage

*Slide out table above the mini fridge

ACTIVITIES

*White Hot Party at Spice H20 Saturday or Sunday night 10:15PM (got conflicting reviews on this one)

*Pub Crawl on Saturday night 9:00PM – 5 bars for $25.00. Starts in Maltings Bar, Deck 7 MID

*Recommended to get to shows 15 to 30 minutes in advance

*Air hockey $1.00/game

*Pool $1.50/game

*Qwest Game is a scavenger hunt…apparently adults only

*Several tastings on board. Approximately $15-20 per person. (Margarita, wine, beer, martinis, etc)

TIPS

*Last day at sea, EPIC stuff on sale in the shops on 15

*Public sundecks on 18 are generally empty

*Front Desk has free sea-sick pills

*Keep a travel/overnight bag for the last night on board

• 3 years later...
Yes thank you , that was awesome info !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been on the Epic three times, I found this site very helpful previous to my first trip. The itinerary has changed but of course the ship is the same.

http://www.fromthedeckchair.com/2012/03/03/norwegian-epic-live-voyage-report-day-1/