SAS coach opinions please

shaq

We are taking a transatlantic cruise out of Rome. Found a great airfare on SAS and would like to know how they are flying in coach. I have read that you can upgrade at the airport is this possible?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

No one can guarantee you'll be offered any sort of upgrade at the airport. I have flown SAS in coach and liked them. We were offered an upgrade from economy to economy extra at the airport, which we took. Don't remember the cost, seems as if it was between $300/400. Difference was nicer blankets, much more legroom, a little wider seat and better meal. I remember thinking the cost was worth it.

Service was very good, and had good entertainment options. There's a camera on the outside of the plane and you can watch what you are flying over.

On the return, because of DH's status on *A at the time, and I guess the stars being the in correct alignment, we received a free upgrade to business, which was quite nice.

I liked them, but did not like the very few FF miles we received for our low fare class.

I've flown them SVO-ARN and ARN-CPH and enjoyed both flights very much. I very, very, seldom fly in coach and I was pleasantly surprised. Seating was comfy, good legroom (although, I'm pretty short!), and a pleasant crew. Assiduous attention to ontime departures, attentive cabin service. I'd think their trans-Atlantic service would be, if anything, a step up even. I wouldn't hesitate to book them myself, should the occasion arise.

Archived