balcony connecting doors on legend

Senrat11

I know they will not open the aft balcony dividers on the Miracle. We sailed her 2009 and 2010 and they would not open them either time. I think they will still open dividers on balconies on either port or starboard side cabins. This is what the clamp looks like. We had ours opened on the Legend.

2950381990064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2272803630064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Used to open is the answer. No more opening of partitions on any Spirit class ships as of January 1. Not on the aft, not on the sides. Those of us who booked long ago based on the premise that we could open the partitions are plain out of luck.

Amy

Not so. There was a lengthy thread about this exact topic. I asked it partitons could still be opened and this is the response I got from the Legend:

Hi Mach, we do open balcony partitions. However there are some which cannot be opened including all across Deck 6 Aft. They cannot be removed and stowed.

:)

Not so. There was a lengthy thread about this exact topic. I asked it partitons could still be opened and this is the response I got from the Legend:

Hi Mach, we do open balcony partitions. However there are some which cannot be opened including all across Deck 6 Aft. They cannot be removed and stowed.

:)

Thanks Mach! I am on the Spirit to Hawaii next year - deck 4 aft - and was counting on the divider being opened! Had no problem on the Miracle last week either! :)

how come it seems like every picture i see of the balconys on the legend the connecting doors look like they open out toward the railing and not toward the rooms. does anyone know if this is true or not.

The aft ones open in. We had to hold it secure with a stack of lounge chairs:

1349970035057720145S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks everyone for their input i just got off the phone with carnival and i was told that they were having problems keeping the doors open so at this time they are not opening balcony doors. i find this hard to beleive that since the legend was brought into service in dec 2001 they are just now finding this a problem 9 years later. still gonna book for july and hope they open. again thanks to everyone and happy cruising

Ours was opened on the Pride (aft), the Legend (port side) and the Miracle (port side) just two weeks ago. We went to guest services when we boarded and they put our names and cabins on the list. We were told that the captain would give the go ahead, weather permitting, and they would open them the next day - which they did! :D

Archived