Elation Propulsion + 72$

rcrx

If that's the case then I would expect to never see another note here whining about missing the ports. If you cruise for the ports only, then you no doubt have full knowledge that they can be missed at any time. One or all. Why on earth would anyone CRUISE for specific ports when they can be missed? Does that make any amount of sense?????? And those are the very people who will come on here and other boards and whine when they're missed, "Because I cruise for THAT port, dang it!!!!!". If you want a specific port--FLY there!! Then you cannot whine when it's missed. Oh wait, stuff happens with the airlines too. Whining will ensue. Nevermind.

If what's the case:confused:

If what's the case:confused:

That most people cruise for the ports. Perhaps I am naive but it seems inconceivable that, that many people cruise for a port, and then are SHOCKED when it is missed and "the cruiselines better make this right damm*t!!!!" How is it that that many people simply do not know that you never, ever cruise for a certain port because if anything, and I do mean anything, happens, that port can be missed. One port, or all ports on a cruise. I just cannot fathom with anything that I can imagine, that in today's day of information, that anyone would cruise solely for a port and not know that nothing is guaranteed. The only thing I can imagine is said people live in a cave and have no idea there is instant information available to inform them of that fact.

I will again reiterate that the person who posted the Dream review where they missed 2 ports has a full understanding of what I mean. I've read reviews where people were scheduled for western and ended up in eastern because of hurricanes. Cruising with the idea that one is actually going to end up where they are supposed to is about like playing the lottery, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. OK, no problem. But don't come to a website inferring that you are "owed" something if you don't "win" and make all your ports. Sometimes you lose. It's right there in the contract what's going to happen if you miss a port. Right. Nothing.

I have no issue with people choosing to cruise for a port, or a certain itinerary. My issue is with their rant when it's missed--as though that is shocking information and "needs to be made right..." In fact, we chose our last cruise for the southern Caribbean Islands. However, the cruise before our's saw it miss St. Kitts because a passenger was robbed there the week before. When we sailed there was still no definitive answer if we were going to make St. Kitts either. WHO CARES????????? I was on vacation, where I ended up was irrelevant. Going with the flow. Gotta love it. :D

That most people cruise for the ports. Perhaps I am naive but it seems inconceivable that, that many people cruise for a port, and then are SHOCKED when it is missed and "the cruiselines better make this right damm*t!!!!" How is it that that many people simply do not know that you never, ever cruise for a certain port because if anything, and I do mean anything, happens, that port can be missed. One port, or all ports on a cruise. I just cannot fathom with anything that I can imagine, that in today's day of information, that anyone would cruise solely for a port and not know that nothing is guaranteed. The only thing I can imagine is said people live in a cave and have no idea there is instant information available to inform them of that fact.

I will again reiterate that the person who posted the Dream review where they missed 2 ports has a full understanding of what I mean. I've read reviews where people were scheduled for western and ended up in eastern because of hurricanes. Cruising with the idea that one is actually going to end up where they are supposed to is about like playing the lottery, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. OK, no problem. But don't come to a website inferring that you are "owed" something if you don't "win" and make all your ports. Sometimes you lose. It's right there in the contract what's going to happen if you miss a port. Right. Nothing.

I have no issue with people choosing to cruise for a port, or a certain itinerary. My issue is with their rant when it's missed--as though that is shocking information and "needs to be made right..." In fact, we chose our last cruise for the southern Caribbean Islands. However, the cruise before our's saw it miss St. Kitts because a passenger was robbed there the week before. When we sailed there was still no definitive answer if we were going to make St. Kitts either. WHO CARES????????? I was on vacation, where I ended up was irrelevant. Going with the flow. Gotta love it. :D

So, when you fly, do you expect to get where you're going? Or are you happy just to fly?

Ok this really has nothing to do with your analogy that most people cruise for the ship.....

Off to buy a lottery ticket....

So, when you fly, do you expect to get where you're going? Or are you happy just to fly?

The bottom line is and always will be that cruising to any specific port is a gamble.

Yes, the odds are in your favor...which is why cruises can sell. BUT, there is no guarantee. TOO much can and does go wrong, from mechanical issues to bad weather, medical emergencies, dock workers striking, people falling off the ship/jumping off the ship...a ship full of noro.

The list goes on.

If a port is THAT important to anyone, they are a fool to book a cruise to get there.

(I absolutely CRINGE when I hear of couples planning weddings at ports.

STUPID.)

This is what Vanessa is trying to say and I agree with her.

This is not to say that I don't sympathize with the disappointment OR in the Op's case, agree that it's a disgrace how CCL handled this...They are so inconsistant with compensation in these cases that it's ridiculous.

I do expect to get where I'm going because that IS included in an airline contract. WHEN I get there is not. Therefore, when I fly, I know going in that I MAY make it from point A to point B when it said, or I may not. I know I will get to point B eventually and never, ever set an expectation that it will be on time, or even in the same day. Boy am I happy when it works out :) If it doesn't, well, that's ok too. Stuff happens. And to answer your question, yes, I love to fly and would be happy just flying around, just like I would be happy on a 7 day CTN.

The bottom line as and always will be that cruising to any specific port is a gamble.

Yes, the odds are in your favor...which is why cruises can sell. BUT, there is no guarantee. TOO much can and does go wrong, from mechanical issues to bad weather, medical emergencies, dock workers striking, people falling off the ship/jumping off the ship...a ship full of noro.

The list goes on.

If a port is THAT important to anyone, they are a fool to book a cruise to get there.

No she actually said that MOST people cruise to just be on the ship;)

The bottom line as and always will be that cruising to any specific port is a gamble.

The list goes on.

(I absolutely CRINGE when I hear of couples planning weddings at ports.

STUPID.)

Can I hire you to do my PR? You are GOOD!!!

Based that solely on my incredulousness that anyone would book solely for a port. REALLY? When so many things can go wrong? Sorry, perhaps you are right, but I'll say it again, in today's day of available information, anyone that does gets what they deserve when a port is missed then. REALLY? People book for ports and demand to get there? I need to pick my chin up. I am truly shocked.

]I do expect to get where I'm going[/color] because that IS included in an airline contract. WHEN I get there is not. Therefore' date=' when I fly, I know going in that I MAY make it from point A to point B when it said, or I may not. I know I will get to point B eventually and never, ever set an expectation that it will be on time, or even in the same day. Boy am I happy when it works out :) If it doesn't, well, that's ok too. Stuff happens. And to answer your question, yes, I love to fly and would be happy just flying around, just like I would be happy on a 7 day CTN.[/quote']

Just to throw a clinker in this argument.. we left from Galveston, 6 days later Ike hit and couldnt go back, so they went to New Orleans. They did eventually go to Houston, but of course could not go back to Galveston.

.. so I didnt get where I left from or expected to cruise back to .. didnt receive one penny compensation because they considered that a substitute port, which they only compensate back then the $25 pp if you miss a port and none are substituted.

Just one quick question and one that I've always wanted to ask someone... if the ship isn't a huge part of your vacation goal then why book a cruise? Why not fly?

I've always been baffled by this, perhaps you can help me.

:)

Just to throw a clinker in this argument.. we left from Galveston, 6 days later Ike hit and couldnt go back, so they went to New Orleans. They did eventually go to Houston, but of course could not go back to Galveston.

.. so I didnt get where I left from or expected to cruise back to .. didnt receive one penny compensation because they considered that a substitute port, which they only compensate back then the $25 pp if you miss a port and none are substituted.

and the insanity is that despite the fact that you have been severly disappointed and irate on a couple occasions, YOU KEEP CRUISING.

I don't get it................

Can I hire you to do my PR? You are GOOD!!!

To be honest, knowing all that can go wrong on every cruise at any given moment, it is a wonder that missed ports doesn't occur far more often than it does.

Just one quick question and one that I've always wanted to ask someone... if the ship isn't a huge part of your vacation goal then why book a cruise? Why not fly?

I concur Mach and is why I am still literally in shock that people would cruise for a specific port. I swear I thought I was right when I said that the ship should be the first consideration because if you miss all your ports (which are NOT guaranteed), you got what you got, which is the ship.

I am anxious to hear this answer also.

and the insanity is that despite the fact that you have been severly disappointed and irate on a couple occasions, YOU KEEP CRUISING.

I don't get it................

Is that kind of like the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Based that solely on my incredulousness that anyone would book solely for a port. REALLY? When so many things can go wrong? Sorry, perhaps you are right, but I'll say it again, in today's day of available information, anyone that does gets what they deserve when a port is missed then. REALLY? People book for ports and demand to get there? I need to pick my chin up. I am truly shocked.

I seriously don't care what you believe.......alot of people do cruise for the ports.......

You are putting all of us in one basket........sure some people are demanding and will be pissed if they miss a port......and some of us will be really disappointed........

Being the latter I really take offense to your "anyone that does gets what they deserve when a port is missed" WOW!!!

Because it is a cheap way to get a small taste of the islands....We can visit 4 or 5 countries in one week......we choose which ones we really like and make them a land vacation.....

I seriously don't care what you believe.......alot of people do cruise for the ports.......

You are putting all of us in one basket........sure some people are demanding and will be pissed if they miss a port......and some of us will be really disappointed........

Being the latter I really take offense to your "anyone that does gets what they deserve when a port is missed" WOW!!!

I already said that I am shocked by that revelation. Seriously shocked. I'll admit you are even right on that--that most people cruise for the ports. But this is the INFORMATION AGE. There is zero excuse for not knowing that you cannot set an expectation that, that is where one is going to end up. Sorry, I'm standing by that statement--if someone does not know--they do get what they deserve. Bet they won't do it twice. And we'll read their post here, you can bank on it.

Archived