Love: The best reason to cruise!

GreenZolie

Haven't posted in a while, but I just had to pop in and post my good news!

Just booked a cruise for my husband and me for our second honeymoon/reconciliation - after being separated for 5 years, living in separate homes, thinking we were headed for divorce eventually. But, we reunited recently and are happier than ever!!! This is truly cause for celebration!

I took my first cruise with relatives in '09 and loved it! Then took another one last year in '10 with co-workers. Each time I traveled as a single, and I had fun, but I couldn't help thinking it would be more fun with my husband. :D

He has never been on a cruise so now that we are back together we have talked about taking a big one next year, but I was really hankering to take one this year. We decided to wait until we could do the Magic in 2012, though.

Meanwhile we were planning a long weekend at a romantic B&B or nice hotel next month. I started researching and realized the going rate for nice rooms is at least $250 per night and that doesn't include meals, so a 3 night weekend would cost at least $1,000.

Soooooo, on a lark I decided to check local cruises thinking if we are going to spend $1,000, I would rather spend it on a cruise! And lo and behold I saw that prices for the Feb 19th Ecstasy 5 night cruise is running for $1,000 for two!!! What a deal! 5 nights including meals and all the entertainment we want!! With my past cruise status discount, the total came to $900 for us together, including all the port fees and taxes, etc!!!

We don't gamble, so all we will have to pay for is drinks and excursions if we choose any. And pictures of course! Got to buy all the great pics that will be memories of our reunion cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

Love + Cruise = Happiness!!! (lol, sorry for the sappy '70s sentiment, but I am a happy lady these days :D)

Haven't posted in a while, but I just had to pop in and post my good news!

Just booked a cruise for my husband and me for our second honeymoon/reconciliation - after being separated for 5 years, living in separate homes, thinking we were headed for divorce eventually. But, we reunited recently and are happier than ever!!! This is truly cause for celebration!

I took my first cruise with relatives in '09 and loved it! Then took another one last year in '10 with co-workers. Each time I traveled as a single, and I had fun, but I couldn't help thinking it would be more fun with my husband. :D

He has never been on a cruise so now that we are back together we have talked about taking a big one next year, but I was really hankering to take one this year. We decided to wait until we could do the Magic in 2012, though.

Meanwhile we were planning a long weekend at a romantic B&B or nice hotel next month. I started researching and realized the going rate for nice rooms is at least $250 per night and that doesn't include meals, so a 3 night weekend would cost at least $1,000.

Soooooo, on a lark I decided to check local cruises thinking if we are going to spend $1,000, I would rather spend it on a cruise! And lo and behold I saw that prices for the Feb 19th Ecstasy 5 night cruise is running for $1,000 for two!!! What a deal! 5 nights including meals and all the entertainment we want!! With my past cruise status discount, the total came to $900 for us together, including all the port fees and taxes, etc!!!

We don't gamble, so all we will have to pay for is drinks and excursions if we choose any. And pictures of course! Got to buy all the great pics that will be memories of our reunion cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

Love + Cruise = Happiness!!! (lol, sorry for the sappy '70s sentiment, but I am a happy lady these days :D)

Kinda sad & happy. This ones for you !

Thanks for all the blessings and congrats! I hope this inspires each of you to grab your spouse/significant other and give him/her a big ol' smooch and tell them why you love them.

Or, if you can't remember why you love them, then get inspired to remember why and send them a love letter. :D:D:D

Congratulations, what a wonderful story. Although my husband and I have not been seperated it has been about nine years since we have gone on vacation without our children so we have booked a cruise for May. I have been torn about this because I have never left my children for longer than overnight, but we both realize we need this time to rekindle the romance in our marriage. Good Luck to you and have a great reunion honemoon.:)

Archived