Breakfast/lunch in dining room on Emerald

Gypsyfeet

This may seem like a ridiculous question, so I apologize in advance, but are the restaurants open for breakfast and lunch, or only dinner? We've sailed NCL almost exclusively in the past but have no experience with Princess.

I really prefer the dining room to the buffet, for every meal.

Also....while I have your attention ;)......is the dining room open for lunch during embarkation? (NCL always tries to force you up to the buffet even though the dining room is open.)

Also...is there outdoor seating for dining at the buffet??

Thanks a lot!

Yes, one of the dining rooms is open for breakfast and lunch. It should be open on embarkation day although they try to guide you to the buffet.

There are outside tables along each side of the ship on the Lido deck.

Enjoy your cruise.:D

This may seem like a ridiculous question, so I apologize in advance, but are the restaurants open for breakfast and lunch, or only dinner? We've sailed NCL almost exclusively in the past but have no experience with Princess.

I really prefer the dining room to the buffet, for every meal.

Also....while I have your attention ;)......is the dining room open for lunch during embarkation? (NCL always tries to force you up to the buffet even though the dining room is open.)

Also...is there outdoor seating for dining at the buffet??

Thanks a lot!

One of the Dining Rooms will be open for Breakfast and Lunch. Don't remember breakfast hours but lunch hours are 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. One of the dining rooms should also be open the same hours on embarkation day.

There are tables outdoor by the Calypso Pool just outside of the Horizon Court (buffet).

The only problem reported about having lunch in the dining room on embarkation day is that if you arrive right before the dining room is ready to close, they try very hard to talk you into going to the buffet so they can clean up for first seating dinner. If you are one of the first to board, and go directly to the dining room, you shouldn't have any problem having lunch there.

I hate buffets, too....while we may grab a sandwich for lunch in the buffet (no changing out of swimsuits...cover up is ok!), we ALWAYS do breakfast in the dining room...so much nicer! No searching for syrup...no waiting for a table, no juggling plates, utensils and coffee....it's just more "civilized" to sit and be waited upon!

Archived