cruise ship

danielle24

i been look at holland america line or the princess? whic one is good to go to alaska. we are think may or june. i have the books for thoes but want to see how people like these if there been on these to alaska?

Much depends on how many days. Do you want to do a round trip or one-way? Do you want to go out of a specific port? Take a look at the itineraries. Does one interest you more than the other? I would also take a look at the amount of time spent at each port.

Hello, we have gone on 2 Alaska cruises...the first one was on Princess a 7 nighter and the next time on Celebrity also a 7 nighter... We enjoyed Princess so much more...They seemed to go to more extreme to make our vacation the best it could be....We love Alaska and are planning several more cruises there...Enjoy!

You need more than 10-11 days. I recommend 2 weeks if you are looking at a full interior Alaska tour. My clear preference is HAL for the Glacier Bay, college Fjords and Seward. But only if you plan on Seward touring??? Extremely worthwhile, otherwise Princess coming into Whittier is a good choice. I do not recommend the partial cruises that HAL does in/out of Skagway. You just miss some fantastic sailing and the bus ride is long and boring in some portions. Way better for me is to fly to Dawson City area from Fairbanks. :)

My opinion only, you will have a very difficult time getting back and forth to Denali Park in only 10 days. A lot of your time will be in transit. Just stating facts- you may want to reconsider this especially if your days include the travel days?

Danielle,

As the others have said, you have to sit down and compare the ports of call, the times in ports and what most interests you. We chose Princess because we loved the times we were in port and we wanted to see Glacier Bay AND College Fjord. Another plus which help us decide on Princess was the Open seating for dinner. We've cruise NCL several times and we love that option. It's not for everyone, but it attracts us. Most of the tours are similar on most lines, but the amount of time you spend in each port can be very different. It may seem like a hard choice, but whatever you decide, there are NO bad choices.

Archived