HELP.... I'm addicted to CC...

jarz85

Ok so heres the story...

It started out I would just check this forum for 20 minutes or so a day to check on my roll call, now I'm CONSTANTLY checking my emails hoping that someone has posted a new comment there. When I wake up, first thing I do is check it... whenever I have a spare 5 minutes in the day I check my phone, heck when I'm sitting on the toilet I check my phone to see if I have an email from CC telling me of a new post.

Now I've read the whole 'First Time Cruisers' and 'Ask a Cruise Question' forum, not to mention checking the NCL board 5-6 times a day.

One thing I'm trying 'not' to do, is look at more stuff about the Epic because I dont want to ruin the moment...

But what I want to know is.. "Is it normal to be on this website for over 3 hours a day?" "Do you crave responses in your roll call because you are keen to meet up with people" Also, this is my first cruise so maybe the novelty will wear off once the time comes... but I just CANT WAIT! Its killing me lol

PS: I just found the 'Cruise rituals' and 'cruise discussion' threads... I cant handle this LOL

no.....that's quite normal:D

Ok so heres the story...

It started out I would just check this forum for 20 minutes or so a day to check on my roll call, now I'm CONSTANTLY checking my emails hoping that someone has posted a new comment there. When I wake up, first thing I do is check it... whenever I have a spare 5 minutes in the day I check my phone, heck when I'm sitting on the toilet I check my phone to see if I have an email from CC telling me of a new post.

Now I've read the whole 'First Time Cruisers' and 'Ask a Cruise Question' forum, not to mention checking the NCL board 5-6 times a day.

One thing I'm trying 'not' to do, is look at more stuff about the Epic because I dont want to ruin the moment...

But what I want to know is.. "Is it normal to be on this website for over 3 hours a day?" "Do you crave responses in your roll call because you are keen to meet up with people" Also, this is my first cruise so maybe the novelty will wear off once the time comes... but I just CANT WAIT! Its killing me lol

PS: I just found the 'Cruise rituals' and 'cruise discussion' threads... I cant handle this LOL

Ok so heres the story...

The addiction doesn't wear off, it only intensifies. :eek:

I've got 7 roll calls going now, and trying to keep up with the main NCL board in between. Luckily my better half is almost as addicted as I am. :D

Right there with ya partner! I got to November before I get the cure - Pearl Western Caribbean.

whew! Glad I'm not the only one!!

You should have seen me when the Epic was arriving to NY for the first time, the NESS Stalkers thread was so fun... I set my alarm for 2am so I could get up and watch her come in on the webcams!

OP.. trust me when I say, it never goes away... just like the addiction to cruising. It just gets better with age. 8-)

The really fun part is when you meet these people onboard a ship. That's what I really love. Even when you meet people who usually have a completely different opinion or view, it's pretty cool.

I honestly could not tell how many cruises you have been on, so I will post this for any newbies. The one thing, if you end up being a true cruise addict like most of us are, the last morning of the cruise.. when you wake up and its time to get ready and leave the ship, prepair for the BLUES. You will feel so sad that you are leaving your new "family". They may even have to drag you off of the ship cratching and clawing. Your mind will be racing on how you can stow away. That is when you will realize, you are one of us for sure. A completely cruise addict. The best semi-cure for the "last day of the cruise" blues ... have another cruise booked before you take your current cruise. We have found it is much easier, that last morning, to leave the ship we are on when we know we can already start the count down to our next great adventure.

I too am so addicted to CC! My husband hates it when I tell him what great new info I find on here daily. To him our cruise is so far away and to me this helps bring it so much closer to reality!

Edited to add: I found CC a bit too late to gain the knowledge I wanted for our first cruise but so glad we have this wonderful resource for our future cruises! I learned so much!!

Thank you everyone!!

I'm not an addict...I just keep finding more info and cool pics etc, as soon as you people quite posting great stuff I can get on with my life! :rolleyes:

Your life now has a new focus, LOL! So many cruises....so little time.:(

I agree with the above poster. It is crucial to have another cruise booked before you leave your last cruise to prevent total withdrawal symptoms. That can be ugly!

It is so nice to know that I am not alone - I found cc before my first cruise and find myself reading all of the time, even when I did not have a cruise planned - I called it "research" fo my next cruise.:rolleyes:

What I have found is that when I'm here reading these posts and reviews the time just fly away - I think I been at it a few minutes and hours has past. So the more time I spend here the faster my cruise will appear to approach!

Right there with ya partner! I got to November before I get the cure - Pearl Western Caribbean.

Hate to tell you...the Pearl will only be an injection that will heighten this addiction. There's NO cure. Oh...don't forget to purchase at least one...maybe more, future cruise credits while on the Pearl. Having them in your pocket can ease the addition's pain just slightly by letting you be assured there will be another injection in the not too distant future. And then get right back on CC here and start that next cruise planning.

Hate to tell you...the Pearl will only be an injection that will heighten this addiction. There's NO cure. Oh...don't forget to purchase at least one...maybe more, future cruise credits while on the Pearl.

Given the household debt free mandate, and the near criminal damage this one is doing to the "fun fund", I don't forsee another cruise before the world ends in 2012. How's that for a buzz kill?

Thanks so much you guys are awesome! Nothing like waking up to all these comments!!

@Terry this is our first cruise and it's on the epic, 10 out of 11 days are at sea so 'hopefully' I'm ready to get off the ship when it's finished!

If all goes well I will be booking the Norwegian star repo in October 2012, this will be our first cruise with port stops!!! (this cruise stops in ponta delgada but our tour is booked already so no need to research). Therefore, I'll have 5 or 6 Caribbean ports and Cozumel to do research on, plus the Star... I'm sure that will keep be occupied. For a year and a half lol

Hi My name is....and I'm a cruiseaholic/junkie.......it's perfectly normal, make sure though to make time to go online and do other cruise research, cruise videos, articles, hotel planning and general nautical nonsense, just to keep your sanity:D

..there must be some kind of support group for us?:)

Archived