Need some contact info...

I'm having trouble dealing with Royal Caribbean and need some info on who to contact up the chain. On a scale of 1-10 I would give my cruise a 6. I was not satisfied with how it appears RCCL cuts simple corners left and right that probably save 50 cents per person on a cruise.

But, my main problem is I am trying to dispute my SeaPass account and a credit I was suppose to receive. I booked (through a travel agent) during a WOW sale and was suppose to get a $50 onboard credit. I get my statement on the last day and it's not on there. I talk to the purser's desk and they tell me they can't help me because I went through a travel agent. I find that stupid since it was a RCCL credit and not a travel agent credit.

My travel agent has been in dispute now (we have gone back and forth about 10 emails now) to get info. RCCL is claiming I was suppose to receive a ticket in my room to take to the purser's desk to get validated and it would be taken off my account. I never got that ticket and to me that seems like a stupid process. I never did anything like that on my past Carnival cruises as it was all done automatically.

They are also saying I have two reservations in the system for the same room. One was booked during the sale and the other was not, yet they can't tell which one was "officially booked" (aka paid for) to see if I qualify for the credit or not.

I am trying to see if anyone knows who I can contact about this. My simple solution is to contact my credit card company I used for my SeaPass account and dispute the charge that way and refuse to pay it. However, I don't want to go that route quite yet but I will if needed in about 8 days when I get my credit card statement. Any suggestions/help?

I'm having trouble dealing with Royal Caribbean and need some info on who to contact up the chain. On a scale of 1-10 I would give my cruise a 6. I was not satisfied with how it appears RCCL cuts simple corners left and right that probably save 50 cents per person on a cruise.

But, my main problem is I am trying to dispute my SeaPass account and a credit I was suppose to receive. I booked (through a travel agent) during a WOW sale and was suppose to get a $50 onboard credit. I get my statement on the last day and it's not on there. I talk to the purser's desk and they tell me they can't help me because I went through a travel agent. I find that stupid since it was a RCCL credit and not a travel agent credit.

My travel agent has been in dispute now (we have gone back and forth about 10 emails now) to get info. RCCL is claiming I was suppose to receive a ticket in my room to take to the purser's desk to get validated and it would be taken off my account. I never got that ticket and to me that seems like a stupid process. I never did anything like that on my past Carnival cruises as it was all done automatically.

They are also saying I have two reservations in the system for the same room. One was booked during the sale and the other was not, yet they can't tell which one was "officially booked" (aka paid for) to see if I qualify for the credit or not.

I am trying to see if anyone knows who I can contact about this. My simple solution is to contact my credit card company I used for my SeaPass account and dispute the charge that way and refuse to pay it. However, I don't want to go that route quite yet but I will if needed in about 8 days when I get my credit card statement. Any suggestions/help?

Post Cruise Questions and Comments

Please E-mail Us regarding any questions or comments you may have about your recent sailing. We are committed to providing a response to your feedback within 48 hours.

Letters should be sent to:

Corporate Guest Relations

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(Due to mail processing times, please allow 10-14 days for a response.)

You are also welcome to call our Corporate Guest Relations Department at:

1-800-256-6649 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-256-6649 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST

Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do;jsessionid=0000MqHKG9W3H2erx0rkfz4F6eU:12hdhu6tq?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=5&snav=1

If you wish to seek the assistance of Crown & Anchor:

Crown & Anchor Society (800) 526-9723 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 526-9723 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST

Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST

Outside the U.S.: 316-554-5951 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 316-554-5951 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Via Fax: 305-373-4394

E-mail: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Written inquiries can be sent to

Crown & Anchor Society,

P.O. Box 026053, Miami, FL 33102-6053

Merion, are those the best numbers to call? I saw those but figured that is who my travel agent was calling and was hoping for the secret magical number that actually gets a problem resolved. I have secret numbers (aka not listed on their websites) for Time Warner and my cell phone company that actually get problems resolved instead of the general numbers.

WOW promos are sticky. If you even "held" (no payment) the same ship and sail date prior to booking during the WOW promo, you don't qualify. Cancel and rebooks are not permitted and RCI considers even a 24 hold to be an official booking. That seems like it might be what you are running into. Your TA should have advised you of this a long time ago.

Disputing like you are suggesting is fraud. You rang up those charges and whether or not there was supposed to be an onboard credit does not change that. Besides, credit cards are not as friendly as it seems these days - lots of disputes like these are being denied. And as soon as RCI can show that your TA was provided with the terms and show that you did have two bookings, you will be stuck with the bill. Besides, if you ever plan to travel on RCI again, don't dispute the charges. It will land you in a heap of drama later.

I would fight this with your TA. They should have known you wouldn't get the credit.

WOW promos are sticky. If you even "held" (no payment) the same ship and sail date prior to booking during the WOW promo, you don't qualify. Cancel and rebooks are not permitted and RCI considers even a 24 hold to be an official booking. That seems like it might be what you are running into. Your TA should have advised you of this a long time ago.

Disputing like you are suggesting is fraud. You rang up those charges and whether or not there was supposed to be an onboard credit does not change that. Besides, credit cards are not as friendly as it seems these days - lots of disputes like these are being denied. And as soon as RCI can show that your TA was provided with the terms and show that you did have two bookings, you will be stuck with the bill. Besides, if you ever plan to travel on RCI again, don't dispute the charges. It will land you in a heap of drama later.

I would fight this with your TA. They should have known you wouldn't get the credit.

I don't quite think it's fraud, yes I rang up the charges, but it was with the understanding of a credit being there to cover some of them. I wouldn't have rung up some of the charges had I known the credit was not there. And since RCCL does not give you anything to tell you if you have or don't have a credit until the last day, they are playing a dirty game, IMO. On my Carnival cruises I had a statement every evening showing my total up to each point. RCCL gives you nothing until the last day 2 hours before they boot you off the ship.

I am continuing to argue with my TA over the matter and now that you mention something about the hold I think that may be what it is and my TA created that mess, well, her assistant did. Her assistant originally created me a reservation for 2 people and an entire package for 2. I kept saying her numbers were outrageous and I could save 50% doing it all myself so I told her to cancel any plans (unknowing that she may have put a hold on the cruise.) The TA finally came in to save the day during the WOW sale with the right numbers saving me a little over doing it myself.

I decided to book that way. Unfortunately, this was my first TA experience and definitely my last TA experience. Too many headaches to save $20 so it sounds like I'm in dispute with the TA.

I think you have a problem with your TA not rrci, but with that said I disagree with you about not having access to what your charges were or if the credit had been applied to your account, you can always get current seapass charges on your in room tv

I don't quite think it's fraud, yes I rang up the charges, but it was with the understanding of a credit being there to cover some of them. I wouldn't have rung up some of the charges had I known the credit was not there. And since RCCL does not give you anything to tell you if you have or don't have a credit until the last day, they are playing a dirty game, IMO. On my Carnival cruises I had a statement every evening showing my total up to each point. RCCL gives you nothing until the last day 2 hours before they boot you off the ship.

I am continuing to argue with my TA over the matter and now that you mention something about the hold I think that may be what it is and my TA created that mess, well, her assistant did. Her assistant originally created me a reservation for 2 people and an entire package for 2. I kept saying her numbers were outrageous and I could save 50% doing it all myself so I told her to cancel any plans (unknowing that she may have put a hold on the cruise.) The TA finally came in to save the day during the WOW sale with the right numbers saving me a little over doing it myself.

I decided to book that way. Unfortunately, this was my first TA experience and definitely my last TA experience. Too many headaches to save $20 so it sounds like I'm in dispute with the TA.

Then your TA needs to reimburse you, do not dispute with RCI that would be fraud as they never told you that you had an obc (and when you DO have one it is not the last day that you find out).

Your TA was wrong here, not them. Go after the TA and make her make it up.

I think you have a problem with your TA not rrci, but with that said I disagree with you about not having access to what your charges were or if the credit had been applied to your account, you can always get current seapass charges on your in room tv

Would that apply to the older ships as well? I searched all channels and every button on the remote and could never find any. I even asked two people at my dinner table and they said it didn't exist on the older ships. FYI...this was on the Monarch.

Then your TA needs to reimburse you, do not dispute with RCI that would be fraud as they never told you that you had an obc (and when you DO have one it is not the last day that you find out).

Your TA was wrong here, not them. Go after the TA and make her make it up.

I agree now that I have heard more info from my TA. Sad that I use a co-workers mom for one on his recommendation that she could save me money and I end up with a problem like this. Makes me remember why I have never used them in the past. Why have someone else do something when you can do it yourself for the same price or just a small percentage more.

I have been on 10 RCCL cruises and different RCCL ships. On all of them I have been able to check my seapass account via the television. Hit "menu" and follow the prompts. guest relations is also open 24 hours a day and at any time they can print you a current copy of your charges. I agree, your TA should be responsible for this. Any onboard credit I have earned has always been on my account from the very beginning of my sailing. Hope this helps.

I have been on 10 RCCL cruises and different RCCL ships. On all of them I have been able to check my seapass account via the television. Hit "menu" and follow the prompts. guest relations is also open 24 hours a day and at any time they can print you a current copy of your charges. I agree, your TA should be responsible for this. Any onboard credit I have earned has always been on my account from the very beginning of my sailing. Hope this helps.

:eek: You mean the button that was removed from both my remote and the TV? LOL I kinda figured that was it because on a carnival cruise that was how it was done but I figured RCCL didn't do it and the buttons were removed so people wouldn't mess up the TVs. Now I know, lol.

I knew I could have asked guest relations, but I figured it would be correct, hence why I went all out and got the massage (was hoping the credit would have covered it.) Just surprised me on the last day to see none of 3 credits on my bill. Two were easy to fix once their departments opened up and could be reached.

I will wait till tomorrow to see what my TA says and then I guess I will go after her giving me the credit. Thanks everyone.

Archived