Hotels in NOLA that you park and sail

jayfer

Does anyone know of a hotel that you can park and sail in New Orleans in March?

We stayed at a hotel on St Charles that used to have a stay and cruise...but I don't think they provided shuttle service.

A taxi would probably be $10 each way. I am trying to remember the name of it. I think it was in the Comfort Suite chain??

Just want to point out that the parking garage in New Orleans is part of the terminal itself. You park your car, hand your bags over and take the elevator to the terminal entrance. That's especially good in rainy weather.

Sept 2009 we did park and sail at the Drury Inn at the FQ. Cab was cheap--maybe $10. Rate was in the $109 range and included your parking the entire week we were gone. I am hoping that they still offer this as we are planning to cruise from NOLA again next year.

Let us know what you find!

Holiday Inn offers parking for cruisers.

I prefer Drury Inn. Very nice hotel. They have an esaver rate that makes the rooms very reasonable. They charge $35 for parking for the duration of your cruise, it also includes full hot breakfast, snack type dinner (nachos, hot dogs, chicken strips, baked potatoe bar, etc.) and free cokes and three free alcoholic beverages per person. The free food and beverages made it pretty cheap for us.

Just about every hotel charges for parking in NOLA. We took a taxi, it was $7.50 per person. We had two car loads, so we went and dropped off luggage and everyone except the drivers, who went back to the hotel and parked and the hotel called a driver for them. Took a van taxi back to the hotel after the cruise.

We booked the Courtyard Convention Center with a two-queen room including parking for the week for around $147 including taxes. This saved us the $80 to park at the cruise terminal, so it was a great deal. One drawback is they do not offer free breakfast. Parking was in an attached covered lot with do-it-yourself parking with in/out privileges. It seemed very secure. We arrived at around 1:00pm and our room was ready. We asked for and got a room facing the pool with a balcony. I would stay there again if we ever go back to NOLA with a car. The hotel is 3 blocks from the port and Riverwalk, and close to the Aquarium and about a 15-minute walk to the French Quarter.

Boo

The Emabssy Suites was walking distance to the pier. We stayed there before our NCL Spirit Cruise in 07 and it worked out great. They had a park sleep and cruise deal - only draw back was the valet parking - waiting for the car during peak check out time at the hotel was a drag on the back end.

We always do the Drury Inn as well. The way I figure it, I make money on staying there during a 7 day cruise. We get the esaver rate, pay the $35 for parking then have 2 hours of cocktails, heavy snacks in the evening, full breakfast in the morning, soft drinks/coffee available 24 hours and a comfy and clean room to say in. It usually costs around $135 for the Drury where parking at the port would be $112 by itself.

If you have more people than will fit in a cab, the front desk will call transportation for you. It's the same price as a taxi but about 10 people can go at the same time.

Last June, we stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites in NOLA. Parking for the week was included in our room rate and then we called a taxi to take us to the cruise port. I think it was $25 for 4 people to be transported to the cruise port each way. The rates are printed on the cab windows.

Last June, we stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites in NOLA. Parking for the week was included in our room rate and then we called a taxi to take us to the cruise port. I think it was $25 for 4 people to be transported to the cruise port each way. The rates are printed on the cab windows.

Drury now adds $35 to the rate plus tax for cruise parking during the cruise. They say its for the first night, but is good for up to a week.

Archived