Monarch of the seas

Gini

Just off the Monarch this morning. The weather for the whole cruise was perfect! The only rain we had was Monday when getting on the ship and it was raining again this morning when we came back.

Port days were very sunny and warm with light winds, high 70s if not 80. We swam at the Hilton pool all day Wednesday but didn't go in the ocean much. Coco Cay was plenty warm to lay in the sun and wade in the water. There were a lot of people snorkeling as well.

Just disembarked from Monarch this morning. Something in particular you wanted to know about the ship??

We are heading to Nassau in 2 weeks for a getaway between big cruises. We haven't been to Nassau in 10 years (our last trip there was on the Sovereign). Where we should we eat? We are interested in reasonable pub fare with a good view and some cold drinks.

We are heading to Nassau in 2 weeks for a getaway between big cruises. We haven't been to Nassau in 10 years (our last trip there was on the Sovereign). Where we should we eat? We are interested in reasonable pub fare with a good view and some cold drinks.

We had a nice lunch at Lum's Iguana Cafe. Casual, indoor and outdoor seating, guy playing a guitar and singing, mix of American and Bahamian fare, average price $8-12-ish. Appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, entrees. We had fried conch to start. I had a grouper sandwich, BF had steamed snapper with rice and peas, couple of Kaliks apiece.

It's on the 2nd floor of a little shopping area and was full of people. I have no idea what the address is, but you can google it. Easy walking distance from the pier.

I too am just off the Monarch this morning (Jan 17). If anyone has any questions, I'm would be happy to answer them.[/quote

Do they have a Captain Party on the Monarch? Do you have a Cruise

Compass you are willing to share?

Thanks...

I too am just off the Monarch this morning (Jan 17). If anyone has any questions, I'm would be happy to answer them.

We will be sailing on her 2-11, are you allowed to bring water, soda or wine with you?

The Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception was on Saturday (Nassau Port Day) at 7:30pm - 8:30pm in the Sound of Music Theater.

I have the Cruise Compass for that trip, but unable to scan them.

We will be sailing on her 2-11, are you allowed to bring water, soda or wine with you?

On my trip I flew in from Michigan using just a carryon, so I was limited on what fluids I could bring (although I did pick up a small water bottle after clearing security which I carried in my purse). Since my boyfriend was driving down from Daytona Beach, I asked him to bring suntan lotion and some bottled water for me. He brought 2 one liter bottles of water in his carryon. We both carried our suitcases onto the ship ourselves, and were not stopped when they went through the scanner at the port.

We actually just booked this trip for the 29th. This will be my 9th with RCL but my friends 1st. He's only been on the Carnival Ecstasy. I've been on the Majesty recently, but I heard the Monarch wasn't upgraded as exclusively as the Majesty. Can anyone point out some key differences? I know the Monarch is missing the Johnny Rockets and safes in the rooms, are there any other major differences?

I too am just off the Monarch this morning (Jan 17). If anyone has any questions, I'm would be happy to answer them.[/quote

Thanks...

HI I have the Cruise Compass from all three days. Would you like me to scan and email them to you?

We sailed on Monarach January 7, 2011. We had wonderful weekend get away. We live in Florida so it was only a 2 hour ride to the port. The ship is great. Small but still lots of fun. The wait staff and room steward were the best.

We are looking forward to going for a weekend again soon.

We are going in April. We've sailed RCCI numerous times but always 7-day. Do they even have a formal night with such a short cruise? Is the food good?

Yes, the 2nd night is formal night. BUT, I find that on the 3 and 4 night cruises, very few people dress formally. I was on a 3 nighter on Monarch earlier this month and don't think I saw a single tux, and only a couple of suits on men. A few had a coat and tie, but they seemed to be in the minority. Most guys I saw were just in nice pants and a shirt, and a few had a jacket with no tie. As for the ladies, I saw 1 long gown, a bunch of hoochie mama (far from formal) dresses, some nice cocktail dresses, and a ton of ladies in basic black pants with a twin set or nice blouse.

we're scheduled on the monarch Feb 21st. 1st RC cruise after being on carnival 5 times. how does one go about getting an upgrade? are there normally a lot of activities to do during the day - since we're used to the "party ship" type of cruises that carnival provide. Any suggestions on what to do on the day we're in port at Nassua? it's pretty much all day, and if there are any places we shouldn't miss, i would appreciate any feed back.

HI I have the Cruise Compass from all three days. Would you like me to scan and email them to you?

We sailed on Monarach January 7, 2011. We had wonderful weekend get away. We live in Florida so it was only a 2 hour ride to the port. The ship is great. Small but still lots of fun. The wait staff and room steward were the best.

We are looking forward to going for a weekend again soon.

Please email me the Cruise Compass - rvlaur1@att.net

THANKS...

Monarch is a small, FUN, and great ship. The staff is always wonderful. I have sailed on her many times, and never had a bad cruise.

Looking for an interesting thing to do in Nassau? Go to the library. It is located right in town, one block north of the main street. The building used to be the jail. It was built in 1870's, and has stood through all of the storms and disasters in that city. When you go inside, the history is incredible. You can see the 'cells' which are now full of books. The staff are very very proud of their library, and will courteously tell you their story. You can take photos OUTSIDE the building, but not inside. I visit on each of my trips to Nassau.

Also, if there are any seamstresses or crafters out there, another great trip is over to the HOME GOODS store. It is a taxi ride over (about 3 miles). The store is like JoAnns/Michaels/Hancocks. I LOVE shopping there. I stop there, too, on all my cruises. I buy fabric for a new dress for my next cruise. Now, I will admit, the prices are not cheaper that the states, but I always like to have my personal souvenier (fabric/yarn) from another country. Home Goods is not a tourist spot at all. Sometimes I will take another cruiser with me from the ship, or even a staff member who has the afternoon off. A nice shopping find, and you won't be disappointed.

A great local restaurant on Bay Street in town is CAFE SKANS. Locals all the way, great food.

OK, that's MY review!

• 3 months later...
[quote name='JEGTravels'][quote name='Gini']

We are looking forward to going for a weekend again soon.[/quote]

Hi JEGTravels.

Do you still have your Cruise Compass from your 3 day Monarch? If so would you mind emaileng them to me? I'm due to leave on May 27th and I would love to know what's happening in advance! :) Thanks! :D

Email: [EMAIL="denineblackburn@gmail.com"]denineblackburn@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Archived