Goodbye Mariner

mation101

We took our good friends to the Mariner today. We had brunch at the

Gaffey Diner, and just dropped thme off at luggage drop off.

I so wanted to stay in SP to see the girl sail out, but knew that I would be a blubbering mess.

As it was I couldnt talk as we drove away knowing she wasnt coming back.

We only got to sail her once out of SP and will greatly miss RCCL in LA.

We took our good friends to the Mariner today. We had brunch at the

Gaffey Diner, and just dropped thme off at luggage drop off.

I so wanted to stay in SP to see the girl sail out, but knew that I would be a blubbering mess.

As it was I couldnt talk as we drove away knowing she wasnt coming back.

We only got to sail her once out of SP and will greatly miss RCCL in LA.

Me too......... :(

Are you serious a blubbering mess? I enjoy the ships and my vacations as much as the next guy, but to be emotionally distraught cause a ship is leaving town is just insane.

And this comment is constructive/helpful/informative/insightful how?

I suppose you never cry at movies, or show any other signs of having a sentimental streak?

For the OP, thank you for sharing how you feel. It might make you cry again, but it will be a good cry, if you haven't yet seen this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1339752

Hello Mariner. We sailed her in August last year and didn't really care for the Pacific ports but since we live in Texas are glad she is coming here to do the Gulf/W. Caribbean ports from Galveston. We are booked on her 1st sailing out of Galveston for 9 nts and are so happy that we can drive instead of the hassle of flying. However, we are patiently awaiting the day RCCL decides to bring one of the Radiance class ships to Galveston.

Are you serious a blubbering mess? I enjoy the ships and my vacations as much as the next guy, but to be emotionally distraught cause a ship is leaving town is just insane.

Well we were. But we work there pier side.

It was very sad to see her sail away.

We watched the gangway be pulled, ran down to the dock and took pics and video as the last line was pulled.

I love that ship.

I always knew that I was insane.:p I was a blubbering mess when Monarch left LA - we had sailed on her many times and had made some good friends and acquaintances onboard. Knowing that we would never see them all in the same setting again was too much for me.

Mariner, not so much. I never really warmed up to her, so I was dry-eyed as I disembarked yesterday. A few passengers I spoke to were angry/annoyed at not having a convenient RCI option left on the West Coast rather than sad about a particular ship leaving.

Bon Voyage Mariner.....Smooth seas....We watched her sail away until she rounded the lighthouse and sailed out of view.

It's one thing when they reposition a ship and replace it with another. In this case, we have been left with no RCI ship. That's what seems to make it sadder.

bye_byeMariner.jpg.7267043f72d45e9e6d7aa738dab74d06.jpg

Bon Voyage Mariner.....Smooth seas....We watched her sail away until she rounded the lighthouse and sailed out of view.

It's one thing when they reposition a ship and replace it with another. In this case, we have been left with no RCI ship. That's what seems to make it sadder.

I believed you hit the nail right on it head. The fact that we have NO RCI ship here saddens and anger alot of RCI fans. The Mariner came here when our economy was down, the swine flu scare and trouble times in Mexico. But their reason for pulling her, was that they had to lower the price to keep her full. hummm look at the prices on the east coast, they are selling those cruises (her class) lower than what the Mariner was going for here.

I just can't believe they would give all that business to Carnival. I think RCI messed up big time to its west coast loyal fans.

My sanity has always been questionable, BUT my sensitivity, caring and compassion are rock solid, and your comment was TOTALL?Y uncalled for.

I have my reasons for being a "blubbering mess" and you have no right to shoot them down.

Feel for those in CA who like an RCCL option right there...Houston/Galveston is only part time down from 2 ships not that long ago...

We are looking forward to seeing Mariner at the dock in about 10 months.

Just have to wait a bit and see what the schedules say when they come out....maybe there is hope for a few months of a ship there.

Archived