Triumph to Grand Cayman instead of Belize

robtx100

I could get on board and them tell me we're having 7 sea days and I'd be happy. The ports are nice, but I love my sea days!! I wish they had cruises to no where that where longer then a few days. Some people just don't understand the captain can't control everything. I give them credit seeing the spots they get those boats in and out of.

Itinerary changes are a part of cruising. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I know that they can change itinerary at anytime for any reason at their sole discression. I also know they don't change without a good reason...

Could be vendor problems in Belize or conflict over port fees or just about any other reason....

It's been my experience that booking only for the itinerary can lead to disappointment' date=' for sure.[/quote']

I understand that. Personally, I think it is politics - Carnival not that long ago announced a new vendor for tender services in Belize. Perhaps they are already having issues with them, the old, and/or the government?

For years there have been on again off again agreements for building a cruise ship dock vs tendering in.

I dunno.

We're on Triumph now. We were re routed because of the tender situation and we did get letters under the doors saying that...just not right away.

I wonder how many other ships are going to be rerouted. This is going to be a bad situation

Thanks for all the suggestions for GC. We are just arriving and the water is smooth as glass. I can see 4 other ships in port already. We are hoping to find the out of the way restaurant on the beach I have read about here and spend most of the day there. We've done the sting ray thing before.

There was a letter sent to the cabins explaining the reason we did not go to Belize and it stated conflict with tender operators. It's nice and warm here. Wish you all were here with us.

You really don't think Carnival would admit fuel cost as for the reason for skipping a port do you .

You really don't think Carnival would drop a port because of fuel costs, do you?

Carnival didn't become the company it is today by using such tactics. The supposition is silly.

I was on the Valor last week, and many pax were complaining that it was unsafe to tender due to rough seas. WE had 15' waves sailing from Cayman to Belize, and it was quite choppy on the tender, many barf bags and "chumming" over the sides. Lots of pax were complaining, saying it should have been a sea day. Me, I wasn't bothered, tendered ashore and went to the ruins in the drizzle.

With bad weather, CCL is damned if they cancel the port and damned if they don't. All it takes is for one pax to miss the step boarding a tender and fall into the sea.

While I think of it, the winds were so strong in Coz that a thin, smallish woman was almost pushed off the dock by their force. She only saved herself from being blown into the sea by falling down and bracing herself against the wooden barrier on the side of the dock.

I could get on board and them tell me we're having 7 sea days and I'd be happy. The ports are nice, but I love my sea days!! I wish they had cruises to no where that where longer then a few days. Some people just don't understand the captain can't control everything. I give them credit seeing the spots they get those boats in and out of.

I feel the same way, I love my see days. Just let me relax and get waited on for 7 days.....

If I booked a cruise to Belize, I'd be a little irked if they switched to GC. I'd also be curious why the switch. If the answer is to save on fuel costs, I'd really be mad. :mad:

I would too Sarge! My next cruise we booked a private excusrsion to Caye Calker through coral Breeze. Would be very dissapointed if we missed. I've done the stingrays three time now. I would understand for weather, but if saving fuel costs, I would be furious!

four security guards took her away. .

THAT, I am mega happy to hear.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!! :)

If I booked a cruise to Belize, I'd be a little irked if they switched to GC. I'd also be curious why the switch. If the answer is to save on fuel costs, I'd really be mad.

If it is the weather, it would be understandable.

Belize is a VERY long tender and is rocky and rolly in the best conditions because of the reefs.

I wonder how many other ships are going to be rerouted. This is going to be a bad situation
Given that it's a Carnival vs. Port Tenders situation, potentially several ships, (per cruiseTT):

Jan 20 - Legend & Valor

Jan 26 - Dream & Glory

Jan 27 - Legend & Valor

Archived