Water & Soda -- No longer allowed to bring it on RCCL?

lnm

It has been a few years since I have gone on a cruise. We have one booked for June on the Monarch of the Seas. I read that you cannot bring any drinks (non-alcoholic) on board. In the past I have brought a case of diet coke and case of water. Is it true they no longer allow that?

well...I guess that means I will give it a try! The worse that will happen is I will waste $5 when they take it away! No problem!

I thought the same thing (cruised on 1/8/11 on the enchantment. I put a case of soda in a suitcase. It came through, no problem.

I am wondering the same thing. Am Sail,ing Monarch in march. Anyone with recent experience carrying on this ship.

I just plan on a few water bottles for excursions and 6 pack of diet ginger ale in my checked luggage.

I can't have sugar and diet ginger ale is hard to find. It settles my tummy, since the ship makes me queasy.

well...I guess that means I will give it a try! The worse that will happen is I will waste $5 when they take it away! No problem!

I thought if booze, or other banned items was confiscated it was returned to you last night of the cruise. Is that not the case for RCL?

We are just off the Freedom and for the first time didn't notice anyone wheeling on cases of water or soda.

One of our tablemates was called to the "naughty" room because his wife had packed an iron in their luggage.:rolleyes:..he said the room was chock full of confiscated booze and rum runners.

They also had a nice selection of irons and a few nasty looking knives.:eek:

It has been a few years since I have gone on a cruise. We have one booked for June on the Monarch of the Seas. I read that you cannot bring any drinks (non-alcoholic) on board. In the past I have brought a case of diet coke and case of water. Is it true they no longer allow that?

I took a six-pack of bottled caffeine free Diet Coke in my checked luggage and it got through on Monarch. That was just this past weekend. From what I've heard, they usually let reasonable amounts of soda and water get by. Not sure about a case of water and a case of soda. That may be enough to grab attention.

It is true that the rules do not allow it, but in practice, it seems more along the lines of them "reserving the right" to confiscate non-alcoholic beverages. It seems that they are mostly concerned with alcohol. So, unless you're trying to bring on an unusually large quantity of soda/water or they have some reason to suspect there may be alcohol hidden in the bottles, you're probably OK to bring on your Diet Coke and water.

Off Mariner this week too and never mind the six packs of water.. I saw one guy wheeling a full case of 24 on and nobody blinked!

Maybe they were thinking it's almost the last cruise and we are going to loose our job anyway, so why bother..

That is true, hope that ends this thread....

Maybe they were thinking it's almost the last cruise and we are going to loose our job anyway, so why bother..

Nope. Not at all. Most of the crew is staying aboard. Our cabin attendant and waiter will both be on when we cruise out of Galveston next year. There is some "job juggling" to get some additional Portuguese speakers on the front lines, but that's it.

Bottom line, yes you can still take sealed water onboard.

Nope. Not at all. Most of the crew is staying aboard. Our cabin attendant and waiter will both be on when we cruise out of Galveston next year. There is some "job juggling" to get some additional Portuguese speakers on the front lines, but that's it.

Bottom line, yes you can still take sealed water onboard.

It's not the crew that is checking for bottles of booze or soda or water but the security. I was referring to the security!

That is not true I just came off Explorer of the seas and we brought 22 cases of soda yes22 cases. I also bought some in Saint Marteen cause we ran out od soda and water.

Ok, I'll bite...528 (22x24) bottles of Soda? Did you have 22 in your party? :rolleyes:

Archived