Help us Choose Between Cruises

Cras108er

My wife and I are planning our next cruise (yeah!!!!). It will be in late April. We have narrowed our choices down to two. Either the Carnival Freedom or the Norwegian Dawn. The Freedom is an 8-night cruise. The Dawn is a 9-night cruise. The Dawn is actually about $100 cheaper per person.

Ports: The Dawn leaves out of Miami and goes to the Dominican Republic, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, and St Kitts w/ 3 sea days. The Freedom leaves out of Ft Lauderdale and goes to St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau w/ 3 sea days.

About Us: We are in our late 40's. We probably enjoy the cruising (and ship) more than the ports, although the ports are important too. The only one that is absolutely essential is Antigua. We like to have fun, but don't necessarily want to be over run with kids all days. We like to enjoy dancing. My wife likes to dress up for the formal nights.

What might be the difference between these two cruises. Why would the Dawn be cheaper for a longer cruise? What kind of clientele might we expect on each ship? What is the better itinerary? Which cruise would you take? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance.

The big difference is that NCL is freestyle. By that I mean dressing up is completely optional & more passangers forgo it. Last two cruises DH was one of about 5 men in a tuxedo. He loved the attention!

We like freestyle & Dawn is a lovely ship. A longer cruise for less money seems like the question answers itself to me.

You'd have a great cruise on either ship.

But since you asked us to help you choose one...

I'd choose the Dawn.

Why? Because of 1. The excellent entertainment (quality of performers, number of entertainers, the amount of time they play and the amount of areas where they play...wonderful!)on that ship. 2. The extra day on the length of voyage. 3. The ports. 4. $100pp less. 5. I like exploring NCL's ships inside and out since they have hull art, wall murals inside and on the outside. 6. I loved the crew, staff, and officers on the ship as they were all so kind, talked with us, and even offered help when it wasn't necessary (cafe attendants volunteered to carry beverages, plates, and even assist my mother while she went along the buffet choosing items, the hotel director volunteered to push my mother's wheelchair down the gangway as we got off the ship at our departure port, and many more instances :cool:).

Happy sailing, whichever ship you decide on!

Archived