Fall of 2006 Mediterranean

Hi,

Just called Princess based on intel from the rolls that they'd have 2006 Med sailing dates on 25 March (today). Well they do! But they say they don't have prices yet, but check on Monday or Tuesday.

The first (very pleasant) Princess rep gave me the Grand Mediterranean May 2006 dates i asked for, but when i got off the phone, i realized folks on these forums would want the entire season. The second Princess rep was as polite as frog's hair, and said the first rep had given me 2005 sailing dates as 2006 dates didn't exist. With some pleasant persistence, I got the remaining tentative dates with a strong caveat that the sailing dates are subject to change.

V-B = Venice to Barcelona; B-V = Barcelona to Venice

16 May V-B

28 May B-V

9 Jun V-B

21 Jun B-V

27 Jul (she wouldn't tell me the direction on the remaining sailings, said look at the 2005 brochure)

8 Aug

13 Sep

25 Sep

7 Oct

A posting exists to see if sufficient folks are interested in a Grand Med Cruise Critic cruise on the Grand Princess in May or June 06. If you have some interest, i hope that you would post so we can check on some group rates early!

thanks,

tracey

muse_clio @ netzero.net (remove the spaces before emailing me!)

My TA booked us on the Golden Princess Med/Greek Isle for 9/23/06. It just became available this morning (3/26). We grabbed the 2 AFT BB Cabins on Caribe Deck! I'm thrilled.

She was unable to give me her group pricing, so right now we have it booked at full brochure rate. But, she will call Princess Monday AM and get us a group rate.

I do not see this cruise on Travelocity or anything yet, but my TA was able to get our cabins today!

Congratulations joyride! :D I too am interested in the same cruise. Have they switched the Grand in 2005 for the Golden in 2006? I am going to do an open booking on my Alaska/2005 cruise in June for the Med/2006 cruise. Are you going Rome to Venice or Venice to Rome?

The itinerary for the 9/23/06 Golden Greek Isle/Med is the same as the 9/23/05 Grand. It is Rome to Venice. We plan to book a 2 day pre-cruise hotel in Rome and do the 1/2 day sightseeing that Princess offers. We also plan to stay 2 nights post cruise in Venice. No way am I going all the way over there and not seeing Rome and Venice too!

There are four of us going. Me and my hubby Rod and my 2 friends Michele and Connie. I am so excited! I haven't found the Golden Med/Greek Isle cruise posted on Travelocity or anywhere yet. I imagine it will pop up next week. But, my TA assures me that I am booked and I will get my booking number and everything tomorrow.

If you are going on this exact cruise and would like to get a group rate - my TA is forming a group - email me at joyce@bassplayer.ws and I will tell you how to contact her.

I wonder why Princess would say they don't have it? I got my booking number yesterday and it is even up on the cruise personalizer already. Of course, I am doing the Med/Greek Isle cruise in Sept. - I don't know about the regular Med iteneraries, but they should be available for booking now too.

My TA is able to access and book these, so I would think the Princess reps. would be able to also!

I'm so glad that you guys booked on the cruise with us. I was thinking about starting a roll call on the Roll Call Board, but it seems kind of early. Should we get one started? We will have to keep it going for 18 months!

What about your friends that were thinking of going? Are they still going to join you? Even though we have 2 cruises coming up, I am so looking forward to Europe. I've only been thinking about it for about 20 years!

I leave on the Coral Princess in one week from tonight! I'm trying to get packed and geared up for that. I really need this trip! Talk to you soon!

Princess now has all the itineraries on their site too. The transatlantics are found in the Europe section. Main page...

seacrystal....I spoke to several Princess reps who had no idea the bookings were open...I had to tell them...only received an apology from one who admitted she hadn't read her email...

A Roll Call Board would be fun but you are right, it is a little early - but oh the fun!!!!

I will have to let you know about my friends. I will e-mail you.

Even though we each have 2 cruises coming up, all I can think about is this new one. I guess I'm not satisfied unless I am actually in the planning stages of a cruise. Since the Alaska and Canada are already set, I don't think of them nearly as often.

I envy you only having one week to go. Oddly enough the next cruise for each of us is on the Coral Princess in different directions.

Have a wonderful trip and be sure to write a review.:D :D :D

You might not believe this Joyride, but not only are we cruising with you in August, but also we are thinking about a Greek Isle cruise in 2006 (our 20th anniversary). We are thinking about going in late May, early June (perhaps June 15th) when school is out (and our 11-year-old son can either join us or stay with his grandparents). Otherwise, we would have loved to join your group. I’m curious to know why you chose the Greek Isles/Mediterranean itinerary (with Livorno and Monte Carlo) over he Greek Isles itinerary (with Rhodes and Dubrovnik)?

We chose the Greek Isle/Med. because I really wanted to visit several spots in Italy too. We have never been to Europe and I just liked the sound of it all. I didn't really research it too much, just picked the one that sounded good at the time!

When I get back from my upcoming Coral cruise we will have to get the Alaska roll call bumped up and going a little stronger!

So many cruises...So little time... :)

I wish I knew! I have called celebrity several times and RCCL because I need to plan my calendar that far in advance. Every time I call I am told the calendar would be out in 2 weeks and I have have been trying to get the information since February! I was told one time by Celebrity that the Venice cruise I wanted would not be offered but that is all the info I can get. I wonder what the proble:confused: m is???

Maybe Celebrity/RCCL are just on a different time line than Princess. I was actually suprised that Princess came out with theirs so early. I bet the Celebrity schedules will be out soon.

Good Luck! :) :) :)

Joyce (Joyride)

Oceania Cruises just listed their 2006 European itineraries on their website - they have a varied mix of cruises and ports throughout the Eastern and Western Med, which is very different from Princess and Celebrity's fixed itineraries. And in November, they're offering cruises from European ports to North Africa (Libya, Tunisia, and Egypt), something you won't find on other "mainstream" lines.

They seem to be following Renaissance's all-inclusive cruise+airfare pricing. I thought their free airfare offer was merely a first-year promotion that they extended it for their second year, but now they're offering it for a third straight year, I sense a trend. Oceania's one-price helps when comparing it to Princess's total price (cruise fare + air fare), and like Princess, Oceania offers an air deviation option that lets you select your departure time and carrier. Check the Oceania board on Cruise Critic for more info on the line.

We are long time HAL sailors and their 2006 planner came out in late Jan. Now we're getting e-mail offers from HAL, Princess and Cunard for Europe 2006. HAL changed their itineraries to some more interesting ports, but this is our first Med cruise and I really wanted to do the basic hit the big sites thing. I loved the 2004 and 2005 Barcelona to Venice trip and have never sailed Celeb before. Anyway this is a long way of saying that I was just told the itineraries will be out at the end of the month, the very popular hit the big ports trips will probably still be running.

By the way, if you are looking for something different check out HAL, it really is not your grandmothers cruise line anymore!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived