Sodas on board?

millerboy88

The porter won't take it but your luggage will be tagged as having some form of contraband in it. You'll have to go the naughty room, open your bag if it's locked, and your soda will be confiscated. It will be returned the last night of your cruise.

:)

Not necessary true. See my post #12 earlier, and several others on CC. Carnival is not enforcing their own rules. They don't seem to mind non-alcoholic beverages in checked luggage.

They do not confiscate soda as it is allowed.

My father had beer and soda in his checked bag and they took the beer and left the soda.

Yep... they opened my checked luggage that they thought was locked (it wasn't), saw the water & soda on top and said no problem & sent me on my way, as noted earlier in this thread. They missed the plastic flask in there BTW. This is apparently a rule they don't enforce. Or lots of screening people missed that memo. :D

They do not confiscate soda as it is allowed.

My father had beer and soda in his checked bag and they took the beer and left the soda.

Host Mach is correct .. they have at times confiscated the soda... because it is not allowed in your checked baggage. If you insist on breaking the rules and Carnival confiscates your soda, you have no one to blame but yourself for being lazy.

It was lazy people slapping a tag on it and handing it to the porter why Carnival had to just say carry on only. Everyone thinks they are too special to follow rules.

false. i brought 2 12-packs on with me last week onboard the Liberty (in my carry on). They did, however, ask if it was all soda and opened the cardboard outer box to check. It honesly was no big deal, we got onboard about noon, headed up to the Lido deck to have something to eat and it was 1:30 soon enough (when our cabins were available).

Host Mach is correct .. they have at times confiscated the soda... because it is not allowed in your checked baggage. If you insist on breaking the rules and Carnival confiscates your soda, you have no one to blame but yourself for being lazy.

It was lazy people slapping a tag on it and handing it to the porter why Carnival had to just say carry on only. Everyone thinks they are too special to follow rules.

Sorry fire... I don't think it's a matter of being lazy. And everyone thinks their special? Puh-leeeze. It is Carnival who chooses NOT to enforce their own rule. As has been mentioned several times here on CC. They open the luggage even, and physically see it, and say no problem. IF mine were confiscated, I would have no problem with that. And I don't think anyone's talking about cases of the stuff for goodness sake.

I face the prospect of having to pay for soda cards since I think it's unlikely we'll be able to pick up soda on the way to the port, and I doubt the kids will be willing to carry a 12-pack on board.

Question:

Rather than paying $36 EACH for four kids to have a Soda Card, can we get away with buying only two? That way the kids can share a soda card? Or is that not possible... will Carnival figure out what we're doing?

I face the prospect of having to pay for soda cards since I think it's unlikely we'll be able to pick up soda on the way to the port, and I doubt the kids will be willing to carry a 12-pack on board.

Question:

Rather than paying $36 EACH for four kids to have a Soda Card, can we get away with buying only two? That way the kids can share a soda card? Or is that not possible... will Carnival figure out what we're doing?

Maybe the kids can carry their own -- or drink lemonade :rolleyes:

If everyone keeps putting sodas in their checked luggage, Carnival will soon stop all sodas from being brought onbroad, since they have to open them to make sure they are only sodas. Just follow the rule and carry it on, only a hour to have to keep up with them.

Archived