3 Adults in Retreat Cabana?

Fredric22

Hi everyone, I am going on the Niew Amsterdam this Sunday and was looking into getting a retreat cabana. The problem is that we are 3 adults in total. I was wondering if it would be possible to reserve a regular retreat cabana for the week and have the 3 of us use it. I know there are only a two lounge chairs, but it looks like there is a table and chairs that someone else could use.

The family cabana is a lot more expensive, and not really worth it for 3 people. Does anyone know how strict the staff is in there? Will they kick someone out if they see 3 people in tha cabana?

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone, I am going on the Niew Amsterdam this Sunday and was looking into getting a retreat cabana. The problem is that we are 3 adults in total. I was wondering if it would be possible to reserve a regular retreat cabana for the week and have the 3 of us use it. I know there are only a two lounge chairs, but it looks like there is a table and chairs that someone else could use.

The family cabana is a lot more expensive, and not really worth it for 3 people. Does anyone know how strict the staff is in there? Will they kick someone out if they see 3 people in tha cabana?

Thanks for your help!

I doubt anyone will ask the third person to leave, but the rules do state they are intended for two, so you can't fault them if they enforce them. A nice tip can help the rules flex some in your favor as well :)

• 1 month later...

Lido Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days, $199 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans
  • I-Pod with preloaded music selection
  • Discount on selected spa services for days in port only
  • 1 Evian Mister per cabana
  • Chilled water bottles setup
  • Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00 am
  • Fruit Basket
  • Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours
  • Ice-cream tray silver service at 02:00 pm: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00 pm

The Retreat Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days, $299 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans - in case no ceiling fans will be installed
  • I-Pod with preloaded music selection
  • Discount on selected spa services for days in port only
  • 1 Evian Mister per cabana
  • Chilled water bottles setup
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm
  • Food service Island with following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of "healthy bites" sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon

FAMILY RETREAT Cabana - FOR 4 ADULTS with 4 loungers

$65 port days, $115 sea days

up to 7 days - $449

up to 10 days $599

up to 15 days $799

up to 20 days $899

more than 20 days $59/day

it's not just the extra room you are paying for w/ the Family Retreat cabana, but the service that goes along w/ it. The cabana stewards serve champagne, choc covered strawberries, etc. to everyone. Is it really fair for you to expect these items for the 3rd unpaid person?

If the 3rd person visited for a brief period of time, I think it would be ok. If he/she is going to be a regular, then ethically I think you should get the Family retreat or 2 regular cabanas.

We booked the Family retreat on the N. Amsterdam a few wks ago. I would estimate that only 50% of the time where all 4 of us in the cabana at the same time. And a lot of the time, it was empty since we went into port several times. Still I wouldn't feel right only booking a regular cabana.

2 other couples were traveling together and they booked 2 regular retreat cabanas since both Family ones were occupied.

I just reread the post regarding the offerings in the retreat cabanas. We didn't get a number of the items :(

No bathrobe, no iPod, no fan (neither ceiling or handheld), no frozen grapes, no food island (but the stewards did come around w/ a menu around 11:30).

Guess I should have read it more carefully. A fan would have been really nice since it was very hot one day.

FYI - The loungers in the Family were 2 doubles, not 4 singles. Not as comfortable since you couldn't recline at different levels on each side of the lounger. After some debate, the cabin steward swapped 1 of the doubles for 2 singles for me.

Archived