Is it bad to wear wedding gown if you don't have a wedding in the cruise?

Hi,

I and my husband are getting on Carnival, Dastiny in August. We are married, but we are going to have a beach wedding in Barbados since we only had civil ceremoney when we got married. I'd like to wear my wedding gown in the cruise, but is it bad if I wear it when I don't have a wedding in the cruise ship? I'm not even through Carnival to make reservation for the beach wedding. Thank you.

If you want to wear it then wear it. Just be prepared to answer questions on whether or not you just got married though. I had a hard time deciding whether to wear my wedding dress again on formal night, but decided against it. Not because of what other people thought, but because I felt it would ruin the specialness of my wedding day. If you feel comfortable wearing it, then you should.

My advice would be to do what you're comfortable with. Personally, I'd feel strange wearing it again....would you wear a Halloween costume in January?

I had considered wearing my wedding dress again for our post-wedding reception but decided against it since a wedding dress is exactly that -- a dress you wear to your wedding.

Just my two-cents worth.

Well,it will be my first time to wear wedding gown there. The dress that I wore when I got married was a light blue formal dress because we were going to have a big wedding later( we had a marriege commisioner and few witness when we got married), and I was going to wear a white gown.

However, I and my husband had so much troble planning a wedding with his mom, and we decieded to take a cruise alone,only two of us.

I came up the question because I wasn't sure if I'm allow to wear the gown on the ship when I don't get married on a ship.It doesn't seem there is any rule for that.

WEAR IT!! You will have a blast and if anyone doesn't like it...who cares....it is to celebrate your Special Day and your special feelings...I would bet you will have so much fun. I always wear "fun" things on cruises...tiarras (sp?), boas, etc...it is always fun and others love it too. The Captain on our last one told me he found my feathers around the ship and loved it!! Too cool, huh?!!

Have a WONDERFUL CRUISE! S

I know you'll have fun!! I want to hear all about it when you get back. I've thought about renewing our vows and wearing my wedding dress on the ship on one of the formal nights...why not? It's your cruise!! You should have fun and do what you want. Again, people will love it...and those who don't, who cares!

:) Have fun! What does your dress look like?

Lady Hawke

I'm so glad to have someone who said things like this:) I will write how it went on the trip when I come back.

My dress is white, organza,strapless,and chapel train.

Thank you again,Lady Hawke. You made me happy!

When is your trip? Write me at LadyHawkeA1A@aol.com if you want.

Your dress sound BEAUTIFUL!! Have a great time and enjoy yourself and play!! That's what cruises are all about. You will be so glad you did! Have fun...and if you really want to be a bit over the top like me...take a boa and a tiarra....you'll love what happens...you will have fun and if others don't join you it's THEIR loss!

Hi

I think you should wear your gown. If you want to make it more official .... you and your husband find a nice quiet spot on the ship and renew your vows. Do it at sunrise, sunset, middle of day, etc. but do something romantic and just have the two of you. Then if someone asks you if you got married you could say that you and your husband renewed your vows. I've known people that renewed their vows on the ship either by a ceremony or by themselves. At least it's something special for both of you, you now have a wonderful memory wearing your gown with your husband and won't have to go through the billion questions of why you are wearing it.

For my 10th anniversary, DH/I are renewing our vows on the ship and I plan on wearing my gown again. I still fit into it and heck I paid enough for it so I'll be in it again. It's an extra memory of wearing my gown and to be proud that I still fit into it.

Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time!

C Ya!

Trish and Rotterdam, Thanks for supporting her. She's a really sweet young woman and should get to have fun and "feel like a Bride"...I know that if I can wear my wedding dress again...it will be on a cruise that I will do just that!! You all are great! Thanks for the support! Of course...I think you are both very smart ladies...because that is what I have been telling her too! Take Care and happy cruising on your next cruises! Allena

Archived