Spirit vs Pearl - Mar 27th

teresad2297

Help us decide -

we're choosing between Spirit out of NOLA and Pearl out of Miami...

both depart on Mar 27th - and for the most part, same itinerary - except Spirit hits Cozumel and Pearl hits Key West...

We've got two DD - 8 & 5 yrs old... so the pool, kids clubs, daytime activities are a consideration...

It looks like Pearl is a nicer ship with better pool/slide action but Airfares and travel time are better for us to NOLA - from Washington state. (airfare for either is more than the cost of a 7 day cruise per person!) and we'll have to spend a night prior to embarking for both ports. Distance/time back to the airport on debarking also an issue as we'd need to catch an earlier flight if possible.

Also, we'll be doing just an inside or ocean view as we're not ready to let our 5 yr have access to a balcony yet... maybe next year :o

This will be our first NCL cruise - done Carnival, Princess, and Celebrity before.

What do you guys think?

-Teresa

I say pick the Pearl!!! Although I'm biased because I am booked for the 3/27 on the Pearl and would love to have more folks join us! We picked the Pearl for the activities like bowling and rock climbing in addition to the ports. If you do decide on the Pearl, please come join us on the roll call. :)

Help us decide -

we're choosing between Spirit out of NOLA and Pearl out of Miami...

both depart on Mar 27th - and for the most part, same itinerary - except Spirit hits Cozumel and Pearl hits Key West...

We've got two DD - 8 & 5 yrs old... so the pool, kids clubs, daytime activities are a consideration...

It looks like Pearl is a nicer ship with better pool/slide action but Airfares and travel time are better for us to NOLA - from Washington state. (airfare for either is more than the cost of a 7 day cruise per person!) and we'll have to spend a night prior to embarking for both ports. Distance/time back to the airport on debarking also an issue as we'd need to catch an earlier flight if possible.

Also, we'll be doing just an inside or ocean view as we're not ready to let our 5 yr have access to a balcony yet... maybe next year :o

This will be our first NCL cruise - done Carnival, Princess, and Celebrity before.

What do you guys think?

-Teresa

The most positive thing to say about the Spirit is the wonderful kids club and pool area. Everyone really enjoys it.

the positive thing about the Pearl, the cabins are a hair bigger (not much, both have small cabins) and the ship is newer. I don't think you can go wrong regardless of which you choose. We have sailed both of them.

Nita

I would go with the Spirit. First, if the Pearl Key West stop is like the Sun that we were on recently, it's very brief. I would prefer a Cozumel stop. Also, as mentioned, the Spirit does have a nice kids play area on the back of the ship. A huge bunch of Spirit pics are at the following and in them are some shots or the play area. Also, New Orleans was an easy port I thought. I haven't done Miami yet. Will find out in April.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/roganderson60/Spirit/?start=all

Archived