Ugliest Ship You've Ever Sailed On

heidik

Constellation. Looks like it's made of Lego bricks.

Had it not been for DD working on board we wouldn't have considered it. However, its beauty was within.

Peter

Yikes, this is possibly my favorite ship. Love it. Not as beautiful as the Solstice but a great midsized ship IMHO.

I wouldn't say ugly (none of the ships are ugly IMO,) but the HAL ships are the least attractive we have sailed on. However, their service, crew, food and staterooms make up for their blah ships.

The Carnival Glory is next up in line. It's dark and slightly gaudy. ;)

I couldn't agree with you more. I like HAL but the interior decor on their ships is the worst, the Noordam is awful.

I agree about the Epic. But, I must say that I didn't think much of the Queen Mary 2 whern I saw her arriving last week in FLL. Her aft is weird and there didn't seem to be many balconies. But then the QM2 isn't a cruise ship but an "ocean liner", I think.

QM 2 has Hull Balconies, these are designed for transatlantic weather, they are cut out from the hull. The ship was designed withstand a winter crossing without making passengers suffer from seasickness. She actually handles rough weather much better then most cruise ships.

]We knew that this was no pleasure cruise when we disembarked at Da Nang, Viet Nam. The cruise director was also very short and impolite as he issued instructions to the passengers as we were disembarking. However, we were armed to the teeth as Marines frequently are and we never admitted how much of the navy's equipment left the ship with us.:D:p:D[/color][/size][/b]

GOTTA LOVE OUR MARINES!! As a proud wife of a deceased Marine and proud mother of a

former marine, both combat war vets, all I can say is OOH-RAH!!! GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!

]We knew that this was no pleasure cruise when we disembarked at Da Nang, Viet Nam. The cruise director was also very short and impolite as he issued instructions to the passengers as we were disembarking. However, we were armed to the teeth as Marines frequently are and we never admitted how much of the navy's equipment left the ship with us.:D:p:D[/color][/size][/b]

GOTTA LOVE OUR MARINES!! As a proud wife of a deceased Marine and proud mother of a

former Marine, both combat war vets, all I can say is OOH-RAH!!! GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!

Haven't sailed on "IT", but the New Norwegian Epic is the ugliest I have ever seen!!

The Princess Sky would have been the ugliest on which we sailed.

Is the Sky Princess the one with the gold and silver elevator doors?

I couldn't figure out where anything was on that one.

Carnival's Carnivale, shortly after she began sailing for Carnival. She had just been converted into a cruise ship from her previous life under Greek line, and they "Carnival'd" her up in all their neon, clashing glory. They were still in the process of doing that on our sailing, so we got to see charming things like live electrical wires hanging out of the walls, an entire deck that flooded, and the staff hanging paintings on the last day of the cruise.

Ugly, tacky, you name it, that was the Carnivale. And sadly, the interior was probably the best part of that cruise! You couldn't pay me to sail Carnival again.

This will be controversial, but while majestic outside, the QM2 has a very illogical and disjointed layout inside. The worst of the many ships we have been on.

For example, you need to go up and down half decks to get to the Queens Room, and to get to the aft pool (which is the main pool !!), you have a great choice: either walk through the Todd English specialty restaurant, or down two flights down a narrow and unattractive side stairway. And, oh yes, there is absolutely zero shade at the pool.:eek: It definately does not work as a warm weather cruise ship.

Oh well I MUST jump in- my favorite ships " Summit and Connie " ugly- ts ts - can not agree. LOL. I have never been on a Carnival ship, just looked at the pictures- oh man when I first saw pictures of the older ones- well to much neon and stuff. Then the newer ones- this Fargus guy has a very strange taste... but many people seem to like it.

Like a couple of other posters I too think the Carla Costa was absolutely the ugliest ship I ever sailed aboard. Of course that was some thirty years ago and that ship was built in the early fifties. Ship design has come along way over the past sixty years.

Now I have not sailed on her and my post is predicated only on looks. Recently saw the Epic in Miami and it looks like a bread box on a cargo ship. Now I imagine it is nice inside and folks who take her probably have a great time. But on looks alone - sheer ugliness

Kenn

mine was the origanal hal rotterdam. we sailed from southampton to quebec as immegrants in 1966. we were in the lowest catagory ,2bunk beds and you had to go out of the cabin to change ya' mind!! also right next store to the engine room , so besides throwing up because of smallness of ship and the continual rolling, the diesel fumes was icing on the cake!! Oh, as re the ugly part , it was like an old tug.:(

Archived