Feb 17 QV Hawaii

At sea days

There are quite a few who are going to be on this cruise. Go to CC's Queen Victoria roll call. Scroll down and find our cruise. You can see all of us who have been "chatting" online. BigMike may be able to answer your questions.

Have Mike sign you up for our Meet and Greet on the first day at sea.

I am also doing a back to back by adding on Mar.3 cruise through the Panama Canal ending in Fort Lauderdale.

Hope this helps.

Sadie2

Thanks so much, I have been sailing for 32 years but am quite lost with this modern tech, where do you find the roll call?

Thanks

Two ways

In general:

1a. Go down to "Forum Jump" at at the bottom of the screen. Click on the arrow to the left of "go", scroll down about a third of the way to the list of choices. You will see "Roll Calls - Members only" and an indented list of Cruise Lines. Select "Cunard Roll Calls and then "Go".

Alternatively

1b. Click on "Cruise Critic Message boards at the very top of the screen an inch below "Celebrating 15 years. The 6th box in the list of forums will be Roll Calls. In that box there will be a list of Cruise lines. Click on "Cunard Roll Calls.

THEN:

2. Click on Queen Victoria in the list of sub forums, and then select the roll call for your cruise.

Specifically, for your cruise

Click on this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1006733

Roy

At Sea Days

Hope you find us on the roll call, personally I find the "technology" of today far beyond me. Still I do manage to get on here at times, (and annoy some posters who think me an old fuddyduddy).

My first sea days were back in l954, on a liner of the Anchor Line (out of Liverpool to the Far East and back). We dressed formally for dinner every night, the dinner menu was 5 pages long, and sitting at the Captains Table meant 3 meals a day every day of the trip, which in our case (with husband and two small children) took 21 days.

See you at the meet .

Lynn

At Sea Days, In answer to your question, Platinum members check in with the Grills customers. There is usually a sign indicating where you should go, and helpful staff wearing either a Cunard Scarf or for Gents a Cunard tie to further direct you.

As Ellen and Lynn have suggested, please join the Roll Call thread for this cruise, You will meet other fellow sailors and read about members shore plans and other festivities.

Cheers Mike.

Thanks so much Bigmike. Very helpful information. I understand you are the go to guy to contact about meeting fellow CC sailors on board the QV 2/17...I am working on finding "roll call" being tech-challenged it may take me awhile...thanks to all for your great help! Looking forward to meeting you!

My husband and I are the bridge directors on the 2/17 and 3/3 sailings. We live in Boca and have been doing this for 13 years. We've already worked on the QV and had a very enthusiastic British crowd. We hope that many of our fellow americans and canadians will enjoy this beautiful ship. Hope to see you at bridge.

Sassy W

Archived