Pearl AB Family Suite for 5

craig-n-carol

This is my 1st post ever. My DW and I and our 3 kids will be on the Pearl for the June 5th Sailing to Glacier bay. This will be my 3rd cruise, my wife's second and the kids' first. 2 daughters 13 and 16 and a son 14. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom Category SC (AB) Family Suite. I see fitting the 2 girls in the second bedroom, anyone know how they accommodate my son? Does the sofa in the living area make into a bed? Is the lower bed in the 2nd bedroom big enough for the 2 girls and he sleeps up top?

This is my 1st post ever. My DW and I and our 3 kids will be on the Pearl for the June 5th Sailing to Glacier bay. This will be my 3rd cruise, my wife's second and the kids' first. 2 daughters 13 and 16 and a son 14. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom Category SC (AB) Family Suite. I see fitting the 2 girls in the second bedroom, anyone know how they accommodate my son? Does the sofa in the living area make into a bed? Is the lower bed in the 2nd bedroom big enough for the 2 girls and he sleeps up top?

Graig,

I believe the lower bed in the second bedroom fits two and there is also a bed above that bed. There were pictures of this room just a few days ago. If I see the post again, I will post so you can see. I believe from reading that the sofa in the living room also makes into a bed. We are thinking of the cruise you are taking next year so please return and post a review and your experiences in ports. Thanks

It will be snug in that bedroom, but the total cabin and perks make it worth it. Also, I think the couch does pull out in some of those cabins.

Yes, two person pullout in BR and drop down bed as well.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the info, I thought I saw those pics too the other day. I thought I saw a pull out strap hanging from the front of the living area sofa, but it was not quite good enough resolution to tell. We are very excited about this trip, my dad is a die hard Princess cruiser, and I went against his advice to go with NCL. But my last experience on my honeymoon cruise on the Dawn Princess was less than desireable as there were 12 workmen in jumpsuits in our room repairing the balcony when we arrived. Didn't get into the room until after 2am, after much complaining they still did nothing but ruin our honeymoon and the idea of crusing for the last 4 years. Hopefully this will turn around on the alaska cruise!!

We were in the Emerald Suite last year on the Pearl (Cat. AB). Great room but our couch was NOT a sleeper sofa. This was Cabin No. 11006. The couch in the second bedroom does fold out and would be enough space for the two girls. Your son can stay on the pullman bed out of the ceiling.

They may have changed it in the last year, because when I was on the Pearl this past February, the sofa was a bed as well in the A3. The AB & A3 have the same layout & occupancy, so they should have made the changes to those beds as well.

On the current deck plan on the NCL website they show the AB as holding six, not sure how they would accomplish this without a 4th bed, being the pullout is a twin. Either way we are covered, but it would be a nice option for the DS and DD's to have their own sleeping space. Will still have fun either way.

You will love the AB. The girls will enjoy their private space and bath. Lower bed is a double and upper is a twin. Nice sized bathroom with walk in shower and glass door. Sofa in the LR does make out into a bed.

The master bath is so big you won't have trouble with everyone getting ready. It will be the icing on your cruise c"ake". Kids will also love the room service pizza available in the suites. The menus are different than standard rom service. :)

Archived