Cancellation policies for cruise and excursions

Hi All,

I am having major insomnia so I thought I would get online and see if it will help me get tired ... you will have to forgive me if I start sounding loopy (plus I am on some strong pain meds) :o

Anyway, I am having trouble finding the info I need. I know it is out there - I just can't find it. My cruise is booked for Sept 2. I already paid it off (better pay it when you have it is my motto!) if I need to cancel, what are my options? What about shore excursions? I am debating whether I should book that now (if it even allows me to book this early) or wait until I board.

Not sure what to do ... there is a slight possibility that I may in fact need to cancel :( (but I sure hope not since they upgraded me to aft balcony and I will be receiving $650 OBC ... that surely will never happen again!!)

To get your cruise money refunded you need to cancel before final payment due date (even though you have already paid) unless your reason is covered if you have cruise insurance.

You will also receive back any money that you have paid for the excursions. I think that is up to 48 hours before the excursion. I always like to book excursions before I am on the cruise because I make better decisions if I research what I like to do.

Hope you feel better!

Hi All' date='

I am having major insomnia so I thought I would get online and see if it will help me get tired ... you will have to forgive me if I start sounding loopy (plus I am on some strong pain meds) :o

Anyway, I am having trouble finding the info I need. I know it is out there - I just can't find it. My cruise is booked for Sept 2. I already paid it off (better pay it when you have it is my motto!) if I need to cancel, what are my options? What about shore excursions? I am debating whether I should book that now (if it even allows me to book this early) or wait until I board.

Not sure what to do ... there is a slight possibility that I may in fact need to cancel :( (but I sure hope not since they upgraded me to aft balcony and I will be receiving $650 OBC ... that surely will never happen again!!)[/quote']

Did you get the OBC for a price drop? I would request that money be credited back to my card.

What about shore excursions? I am debating whether I should book that now (if it even allows me to book this early) or wait until I board.

If the excursion advertises that capacity is limited and/or you really really really want to take the excursion, I'd say book now. While they generally hold a percentage of spaces on excursions for onboard booking, why take the chance of not being able to get what you want?

Otherwise, with that huge OBC, I'd wait till I was onboard and use the OBC for the excursions.

You do get refunds for cancelled excursions, as long as they're cancelled before the deadline, which is generally two days before the excursions. I've cancelled while onboard, simply because I changed my mind about what I wanted to do.

Did you get the OBC for a price drop? I would request that money be credited back to my card.

No, the OBC is for the Radiance going into extended dry dock and my booked cruise was canceled twice.

If the excursion advertises that capacity is limited and/or you really really really want to take the excursion, I'd say book now. While they generally hold a percentage of spaces on excursions for onboard booking, why take the chance of not being able to get what you want?

Otherwise, with that huge OBC, I'd wait till I was onboard and use the OBC for the excursions.

You do get refunds for cancelled excursions, as long as they're cancelled before the deadline, which is generally two days before the excursions. I've cancelled while on board, simply because I changed my mind about what I wanted to do.

Exactly. The plan was always to book on board to use the OBC but I got to thinking and decided that I don't want to gamble with the opportunity ... and to be honest, $650 seems like an awful lot on paper, but I bet I won't have any trouble spending it! (There is a hot stone massage with my name on it and that is $200+ with tip right there!!) ;)

Archived