Elite+?

CRUISENAV8R

First, I am NOT starting a new rumor. Just off the Infinity, and had 80 or so Elite Members on-board, which was very nice. However, our hostess Tanuska said some ships have 400+. :eek:

Looking for other's thoughts if Celebrity will eventually have more additional tiers like RCCL.

Thanks

Jon

What is "Elite" ? And "Elite +" ? I assume it's some kind of awards program?

How does it work?

Elite is the highest status in Celebrity's rewards program, called Captain's Club. You get a cruise credit for every individual cruise, but you get an extra credit if the cruise is 12 days or longer and/or if you sail in Concierge class or higher, so it's possible to get up to three credits in one cruise.

One credit allows you to enroll in Captain's Club at the Classic level. After you earn five credits, you become Select, ten credits gets you Elite status. You also are entitled to Select or Elite if you are Platinum or Diamond, respectively, in Royal Caribbean's program, called Crown & Anchor. C&A has a Diamond+ for 24 credits; Celebrity currently does not have a corresponding level.

There has been some discussion of late about a possible revamping of the program, since as time goes on, there are more and more Elite members. Kinda hard to tell someone that they're getting special treatment when half the ship is, as well. Those extra benefits do cost Celebrity something, so there's speculation as to whether they would move some of the current benefits away from Elite and reserve them for Elite+, or if they would just add additional perks.

Go to Celebrity's website and click the link at the top for Captain's Club for more information.

Thank you. So, I am sailing on my first Celebrity cruise next month, in a Sky Suite.

So I'll start off with 2 credits?

Yes, assuming the cruise is less than 12 nights, however, do you have status on Royal Carib? You can use that to immediately have status on Celebrity.

Thank you. So, I am sailing on my first Celebrity cruise next month, in a Sky Suite.

So I'll start off with 2 credits?

The credits are not earned until the cruise is completed. You'll then have two credits, which gets you Classic in Captain's Club for your next Celebrity cruise. But as CRUISENAV8R says, if you happen to be Platinum in C&A, you qualify for Select in CC, and if you're Diamond or Diamond+, you're Elite. You would have to at least notify CC that you qualify for the reciprocal membership. Note also that if you're Gold in C&A (1 to 4 credits), you are not Classic in CC.

Also, if you happen to have cruise credits with RCI, they are not combinable with X cruise credits. In other words, if you have three cruise credits already with RCI, your X cruise will not get you a total of five (thus bumping you up a level)-- you'd still need either two more RCI credits or three more X credits to get to five.

First, I am NOT starting a new rumor. Just off the Infinity, and had 80 or so Elite Members on-board, which was very nice. However, our hostess Tanuska said some ships have 400+. :eek:

Looking for other's thoughts if Celebrity will eventually have more additional tiers like RCCL.

Thanks

Jon

I'll add to the rumor mill however. There have been long discussions on the RCI/RCL/RCCL (take your pick) boards about additional levels and a new way of counting credits being announced (rumor 1) January 12th and (rumor 2) January 21st. If a change occurs there, reciprocity would suggest changes at Celebrity as well. On the Captain's Club reunion cruise a year ago a similar change was hinted at.

Last month there were over 300 elites on Constellation and the Reflections lounge was near capacity. I personally believe that change is imminent in the next Century or Millennium (not the ships, the time period). ;)

My guess, only a guess, is that if they change the program they will eliminate the point system and go to days. This seems to be the tread. Some have argued ( I agree) that the points for Elite are too easy to earn. Just take 5 4 day cruises in a C3 or higher and you have the points. One reason to make Elite more difficult to achieve is the large number of Elites on some cruises.On my last TA there were 400+. You can be sure that if and when they do something there will be complaints. To avoid negative impacts of any changes just keep cruising, enjoy life at sea and accumulate the points and/or days.

My guess, only a guess, is that if they change the program they will eliminate the point system and go to days. This seems to be the tread. Some have argued ( I agree) that the points for Elite are too easy to earn. Just take 5 4 day cruises in a C3 or higher and you have the points. One reason to make Elite more difficult to achieve is the large number of Elites on some cruises.On my last TA there were 400+. You can be sure that if and when they do something there will be complaints. To avoid negative impacts of any changes just keep cruising, enjoy life at sea and accumulate the points and/or days.

Orator. I agree with you, on all points. Biggest question, of course, how do you pro rate current members, especially the growing number of folks who jumped from RCCL Diamond to Celebrity Elite?

Safest thing to do would be to "grandfather" people into the program. If you are "Elite"you would maintain elite status. There could be a cutoff date for grandfathering established in the same way as when they change other programs. For example when they changed the rules on combining credits they established a start date for the new program.

I think this a great idea as long as the threshold is no higher than the number of cruise credits I have!

That way there would be no need to grandfather in all those lesser beings who have fewer credits than me....:rolleyes:

I think this a great idea as long as the threshold is no higher than the number of cruise credits I have!

That way there would be no need to grandfather in all those lesser beings who have fewer credits than me....:rolleyes:

LOL,I agree.:cool:

LOL,I agree.:cool:

Rather than using a generic term like "Elite Plus" this superior group can be called the "The Elitist"! Since we'd be more elite than the Elite!;)

Rather than using a generic term like "Elite Plus" this superior group can be called the "The Elitist"! Since we'd be more elite than the Elite!;)

Or,perhaps since we are superior to elite we should keep the name secret.Known only to those who reach the esteemed level :)

Hi everyone, Royal Caribbean is announcing program updates tomorrow the 21st. Posted on the Royal Board today

Just wanted to alert everyone about an email I got today from Royal Caribbean:

"On Friday, January 21, 2011, Royal Caribbean will be making an announcement that will apply to millions of the cruise line's past guests."

Cruise Critic will be attending the media briefing at 9 am EST tomorrow and Royal Caribbean will broadcast the news to the public at 10 am EST. We're assuming this is the long-awaited Crown & Anchor change announcement -- though we won't know for certain until tomorrow. So stay tuned to Cruise Critic, as we'll get a news item posted on the site as soon as we can after the briefing.

Erica Silverstein

Senior Editor

Cruise Critic

I'm thinking that Celebrity will make any changes sooner rather than later since there is reciprocity between some of the program levels between the lines. If Royal is going to five categories in its Crown and Anchor, there is probably a need to add another category for Captain's Club or increase the number of credits or days sailed for the current categories.

kk

Or,perhaps since we are superior to elite we should keep the name secret.Known only to those who reach the esteemed level :)

I like the idea of a secret society. Maybe we can have our own Pirori of Sion like in the DaVinci Code. And meet on the secret 15th level of the S Class ships.

Seriously, from my cruises it seems the Elite Lounges are mobbed on the new itineraries or popular cruises like TA's. We did an South America/Antarctic cruise last year and there were 40 Elites in the lounge if that many.

If Royal is going to five categories in its Crown and Anchor, there is probably a need to add another category for Captain's Club or increase the number of credits or days sailed for the current categories.

kk

I'm looking forward to some change in the program that was promised in July 2009..

Archived