Have you taken your ipad on Oasis?

Yes they work but the Wifi minutes are really expensive, be careful.

Thanks! So a question...Am I better off using their computers to check emails (which I unfortunately have to do while away) or would price be about the same with the wifi??

Except for a few times when we had difficulty connecting to the ship's Wifi, our iPad worked fine for surfing the net and checking emails in the cabin (deck 7, starboard/forward). The only time we used the ship's PC was to print our boarding pass for the flight home. They would be the same price, you are paying for the use of their internet hookup, not the Wifi itself.

The price is the same for minutes connected. However using your own computer allows you to draft emails etc, and only connect to actually send or receive them, therefore using your own stuff is by far a cheaper option.:D

Thanks! So a question...Am I better off using their computers to check emails (which I unfortunately have to do while away) or would price be about the same with the wifi??

I sailed on the Liberty in June and it is much cheaper to use the wifi on your own device because you can turn it off and draft things as someone said before therefore using less minutes. WiFi was surprisingly spotty and couldn't get it in my Balcony. The iPad works brilliantly onboard and when I was using mine people were giving glances of... "oh that guy has an iPad, what a cool cat!" haha. iPad's are also great for reading onboard just about anywhere, just make sure it's not getting wet!

One of the people we played trivia with on the Navigator last week had his Ipad with him and swears the connection was faster than the ship's computers. Of course, I think the computers are original from when the ship was built, so it probably was them and not the connection that were slow LOL.

Wifi connection can be faster ... just depends on how many people are using it at the time. If you are going to use the iPad, however, make sure you bookmark or otherwise save the address for the log off page ... once you go past it, you can't get back and sometimes it takes the system a while to recognize you are no longer connected, meaning that you can rack up minutes even after you have turned off your wifi.

Archived