ms Rembrandt

Talisker92

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been on this ship? We would like to take the Burgundy cruise, and would like to get some feedback. It only holds 78, so I am afraid the chances of a response on CC are small.

We are doing this one in September of this year and it should be amazing to be with such a small group of people. We have met such wonderful new friends on each of our Vantage journeys and are eager to sample everything that they have in store for us. Send me a reminder e-mail after we get back and I'll tell you all about the trip. I do nice pictures but nothing like the ones you've posted (and mine never seem to get labeled). But I can post them on the google web site for a simple viewing. Our Tulips and Windmills is coming up in April so not yet thinking to far ahead to September...Valerie

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I wonder if you ever got an answer on the Vantage Rembrandt trip? We are travelling on it this Spring (2012). I haven't found anyone on this forum who has actually been on the boat.

I would love to know what to expect.

Great itinerary and we enjoyed the trip, food, fellow-cruisers, etc. We found it similar in style to other Vantage river cruises. The ship is smaller but set-up is familiar. We did have one of the suites which we felt was worth the extra cost. Even the suites are on the cozy side. The bathroom was spacious. You just have to decide if the extra expense is personally worth it. We enjoy spending some time in the room watching the scenery go by and being able to literally touch the locks as we go through. The shore excursions were great and Vantage did an amazing job of making each stop special. Coming into Avignon @ night and viewing the Bridge @ Avignon was memorable. Giverny was truly charming-it was an extra excursion and was a change from a Van Gogh outing and we found it a great substitution. Lots of art work, museums, churches, history and stunning French countrysides. I think you will be thrilled with your selection...Valerie

Thanks for information. We have booked the cruise and chosen the suite (it was the only cabin left so made our choice easier). Our first time on a river cruise so any additional pointers you have would be much appreciated. For instance, I know wifi isn't available onboard, but do you know of any opportunities for it while ashore?

What are the charges for drinks and sodas? How about milk? About how much did you spend on tips per person per day, if you don't mind my asking? Did you have to use Euros?

We have been looking forward to doing this for quite a while so I want to make sure we are prepared as can be. Thank you.

Dear 1STTIMERS,

The Vantage answer book which is on-line in My Account gives the suggested tipping. I will be taking about 500 Euros with us to cover tips and expenses. I get them from my bank,where I get the best rate. I am also taking Swiss Francs because we will be spending a week in Switzerland first.

Archived