Carnival Legend

underthemoon53

May I remind everyone that this thread was started by the OP for a reason, and the Fun Times being emailed to everyone was not it?;) Maybe Beachchik would be so kind as to post her email and then folks could email her for the Fun Times.:)

Tiny, we thought Wee Jimmy was good, too. He has a great brogue!

The nightclub is a strange layout...it's actually on 2 levels. If you enter the bar on the upper level, you can look down on the dance floor, but you can't see the whole lower level. I rarely go in the club so it's not a concern to me, but the layout is definitely odd compared to the larger ships. If the nightclub is busy, it stays open very late...if it's dead they will close it earlier.

We have sailed the Legend 3 times and the first 2 there was only one night with a formal deck party. However, when we went in Nov, we were surprised that they had a number of them...they alternated from the Main Lido to the Aft Lido (maybe to give the folks below a break?;)). The Aft Lido isn't as good a venue for the parties but people had fun nonetheless!

Anybody? Somebody?

I know they did a Mexican and caribbean theme on different days as well as Sushi set up at various times, but I don't know about Indian. The theme is listed on the daily paper but it is listed on the part you rip off so I don't have it.

I know they did a Mexican and caribbean theme on different days as well as Sushi set up at various times, but I don't know about Indian. The theme is listed on the daily paper but it is listed on the part you rip off so I don't have it.

Thank you. some ships actually have a fixed indian buffet station set up every day during lunch. just like the fish and chips buffet and the oriental buffet. I guess this ship doesnt have it.

I was on the Legend sailing from Jan 9 to Jan 16. I don't recall an Indian buffet. At lunch, I remember the themes were American, Caribbean, French (I think). They always have an Asian buffet and there is a buffet for deli sandwiches.

In reponse to some other questions, Wee Jimmy is definitely one of my favorite CDs. He was fantastic. The night club on the Legend is okay. I was not a fan of the layout. I only went there one night and there was barely anyone there. Spent most of my nights at the Piano Bar.

Anybody? Somebody?

I know you asked about an Indian Buffet on the Legend..

I don't know about there however, incase anyone was interested, last time we were on the Legend... there a large Indian family cruising and sat next to us each night in the dining room.

My DBF and I LOVE Indian food so each night, their table got a lot of envy from us. They had a beautiful, full on Indian spread each and every night. I was so curious how they had a different menu so I asked.

Apparently, they requested it weeks in advance and the chef created a special week menu for them. He even came out a few times to see how they were enjoying it. We drooled and salivated and wish we could have tasted it ;)

So I am not being nosey or trying to pry, but if your culture is vegetarian, etc... it is something to think about. However, I think it had to be for the whole week.

Not sure if this helps you.. but if not, maybe it will help someone else.

I don't know about there however, incase anyone was interested, last time we were on the Legend... there a large Indian family cruising and sat next to us each night in the dining room.

My DBF and I LOVE Indian food so each night, their table got a lot of envy from us. They had a beautiful, full on Indian spread each and every night. I was so curious how they had a different menu so I asked.

Apparently, they requested it weeks in advance and the chef created a special week menu for them. He even came out a few times to see how they were enjoying it. We drooled and salivated and wish we could have tasted it ;)

So I am not being nosey or trying to pry, but if your culture is vegetarian, etc... it is something to think about. However, I think it had to be for the whole week.

Funny you should mention that! On my Glory cruise in 2009, we sat next to a family from Hawaii. They requested a special traditional Hawiian meal one night and were served, family-style, their request. We asked them about it as well, and they told us the same - just request it ahead of time. :)

I'm not vegetarian or indian but I love indian food. Thanks for the info. It does help. I know now that I have to order in advance. The last cruise I took was the Freedom. They actually had an indian buffet and that is what I had for lunch every day.

• 1 month later...

Beachchick you are amazing and ever so patient with all of us...I may have chimed in a little late but , was wondering if I could get an email as well?

Thank you Thank you and Thank you I hope my review will be up to par with yours whenI get back from my first cruise:D

annajo@goldtransportation.com

If you could fill me in about the free internet too that would be an extra bonus!:D

We sail on the Legend for the 3rd time this coming Sunday. We love the ship and the itinerary.

People watching is one of our favorite activites. What I find strange (on every ship, not just the legend) is that you spot a couple/group/family while boarding that for whatever reason your brain makes a note of them. Then you see them everywhere ... on the ship, in the ports, on excursions. When I find it happening, I start making up a storyline to go with them. Give them names, hometowns, occupations all based on my impressions of them.

OK, so I might be a little strange .... maybe you will not enjoy doing that.:eek:

Have fun! She is a great ship.

ETA: copies of next weeks Fun Times will be availbale, for sale, after we return. You are welcomed to pre-pay, before Sunday, to help cover my bar tab.

j/k .... I will try to remember to bring them home and scan them to share with all.

We sail on the Legend for the 3rd time this coming Sunday. We love the ship and the itinerary.

People watching is one of our favorite activites. What I find strange (on every ship, not just the legend) is that you spot a couple/group/family while boarding that for whatever reason your brain makes a note of them. Then you see them everywhere ... on the ship, in the ports, on excursions. When I find it happening, I start making up a storyline to go with them. Give them names, hometowns, occupations all based on my impressions of them.

OK, so I might be a little strange .... maybe you will not enjoy doing that.:eek:

ETA: copies of next weeks Fun Times will be availbale, for sale, after we return. You are welcomed to pre-pay, before Sunday, to help cover my bar tab.

j/k .... I will try to remember to bring them home and scan them to share with all.

That's hilarious! Oddly hilarious. I'll be on the Legend in May. I wonder what fascinating life some stranger will give me!

Ha, I think on that note I will wait....I will have enough trouble trying to cover me and my bf tab let alone donate to yours! I hope you have an amazing time and if you feel generous enough when you return I would greatly appreciate the freebie! I am an ex bartender in Atlantic City so as you can imagine my bar bill will be up there!!!:eek: BTW I have done the story line with bunches of people through out Atlantic City's nightlife. Who knows you may have been one of them @ some point...I was a flight attendant too! Stories galore my friend! Happy cruising!

I know just what you mean...You see them everywhere - it is even worse when you are trying to find your pictures in the sea of humanity that is the photo deck and all you can find are theirs

Archived