Switch cabins/pay difference

queen14

Both my parents, sister and myself have booked an interior cabin for us four to share. My brother would have went along with us but he's busy with work. If he does decide to come along last minute, is it possible for one of us to switch into my brothers room so he doesn't pay double. Since I'm technically the third person, I could just pay the difference between third person and second person and switch cabins. Is it possible? Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes. Your parents and sister may have to pay more per person, but you can move to your brothers room. We recently had three booked in a room that only sleeps three, and another person wanted to join us. One person moved out and into her room. The problem was that now I had two people in a three people room and my PVP said I would be bumped, so I switched rooms before they switched me to where-ever. If you want rooms near each other, be sure you tell them when you add your brother. Your parents may have to move but it will not be a problem changing rooms. Good luck.

Yes. Your parents and sister may have to pay more per person, but you can move to your brothers room. We recently had three booked in a room that only sleeps three, and another person wanted to join us. One person moved out and into her room. The problem was that now I had two people in a three people room and my PVP said I would be bumped, so I switched rooms before they switched me to where-ever. If you want rooms near each other, be sure you tell them when you add your brother. Your parents may have to move but it will not be a problem changing rooms. Good luck.

At what point did you make this switch? Was it before final payment, after final, within 2 weeks of sailing? Also, were you booked with the Early Saver rate? I always thought that they wouldn't do this after final payment, because Carnival can force the additional person to pay double instead, and that way, make more money. Either that, or force you to pay the cancellation penalty for the one switching. If I've thought wrong and they're willing to not make you pay the penalty or pay double, that would be great information for me to know for the future.

Archived