Coco Beach restaurant Motu Tiahura

prissy1

I read on Trip Advisor about a the restaurant called Coco Beach on the motu Tiahura off of Moorea. They said the restaurant will pick you up from a hotel for about 700 cfp and give you a free boat ride to the motu for lunch and snorkeling. Has anyone done this? I am wondering if they will pick you up where the tenders leave you? Will the ship call local numbers for you to set up excursions? OR Does anyone know how much a taxi would be to get to Les Tapiniers. I guess you can get there from that hotel...Help, any info?

I may know this Coco Beach operation if its on the Motu off the Intercontinental. The lady was rude to us and shooed us off her 'property'. I dont care for the area as there are currents and its very pebbly.

Les Tipannier taxi ( I think) is $45.00 one way but couldnt swear to it. If you are willing to hike a little in the heat then you can take the Tahia Collins shuttle to their shop and walk back to LT and when you finish walk back again for the shuttle. This had been suggested by Anne (from the Boutique). The distance is not far but it can be a hot walk. Sometimes the shuttle will agree to drop you off at Les Tipannier.

Why dont you rent a car and go to Temae Beach - it is the best beach for snorkelling and swimming and is just opposite the airport. I would suggest car rental as Moorea is not a place where it is easy to hail a cab and its too far a walk from the dock. If you have a car you can then circle Moorea and drive up to see the views.

Prissy,

I have always had one concern about Temae Beach ie finding a cab to return. If you have a phone that works in FP that may be ok as you can call a cab. You cannot really hail down cabs in Moorea. Usually hotels shops etc will call a cab for you. Even if you hike to the airport there is no guarantee there will be cabs there as it will depend on the flight schedule.

If you are watching your $ then use the Tahia Collins shuttle and walk to Les Tipannier. A drink will likely cost you only $10 or so and you can walk back to the shop and take the shuttle back. Ask Anne at the shop onboard - it was she who suggested it to me the first time. And then when I felt embarassed about catching the ride both ways and took a cab back she told me they were waiting for me and I should have just taken the shuttle back. And this was before I bought a fancy necklace from her .... so its just that they are very nice and its not contingent on purchase.

Have you investigated Faimano Beach between Cooks and Opunohu Bay? We have driven past it and it looks ok - no facilities but you may be able to hike here from the ship. We havent been.

I saw some reent pictures of the Coco Beach Motu and I must say it looks must improved from my last trip there in 2006 or so. After that one trip I struck it off my list.

Thanks Emdee,

Everyone is so helpful on here! All I am looking for is a nice beach not an arm and a leg $ away to relax on. Doesn't really matter which beach it is. The cost of the cruise is the bulk so I am trying to find less expensive places to go. I love sitting on a beach, reading and snorkeling. I'm hoping to do the Hilton one day if I can swing it since everyone says the snorkeling is great. The other day is yet to be determind. I'll keep the option of Les Tipannier in mind.

Prissy,

Car rental prices are about $80 per day. If you are interested book in advance as they are more expensive on the dock.

Les T is a good place if you want to just sit and read or snorkel though we havent snorkelled there. Try and find someone going to the hilton and share their taxi as well.

Archived