First Timers-3 day cruise with DH & 8 yr old.

kkosch

Alright Folks, need some help and appreciate any I can get! We are newbies and we will be in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area from May 18-23rd. The only options I see for that time frame would be a short 3 day Bahamas cruise. Thought this might be a good idea to "get our feet wet". I believe CCL,NCL, and RCL are the only options during this time. Are the 3-day cruises "booze cruises" or are they kid friendly? This forum has answered a lot of questions already, but really wondering which cruise line offers the best option for a family for short cruises. Any input would be great...thanks already!

Yes, the shorter the cruise, the more alcohol fueled action you are going to see. It's not like spring break gone wild -- the cruise line security will still be controlling the situation. But it will have a different traveler than a longer cruise.

Well -- if you really wanted to go kid friendly, the new Disney Dream is doing a 3 day during the time you are in FLA (but its in Port Canaveral, not FLL or Miami). But the prices are much higher of course because it is a new ship.

I've done lots of 4 day cruises -- are they an option?

Just because there will be some "partiers" onboard does NOT mean you have to partake. A cruise is what YOU make of it...and there are a ton of options. You can party or not. You can rise early or late...you can do the "formal" thing, or not...it's up to you.

While I think a 3 or 4 day is too short...if that's what you want...try it...you will be back for a longer trip...guaranteed!

Archived