Bringing DD's friend who is a minor-17

Sheal

Hi Everyone,

I have typed up the following letter (based on my interpretation of RC's requirements when traveling with a minor) and plan to have each parent sign (parents are divorced). Does this appear to cover all bases?

I, XXX, give permission for my daughter, XXX, to travel with XXX and XXX to Florida and embark on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas departing XXX returning on XXX.

XXX and XXX have permission to sign any legal documentation/waivers in order for XXX to participate in any activities that may require one (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating).

XXX and XXX are authorized to supervise XXX and are authorized to permit any medical treatment necessary.

Parent

Notary

Would you recommend that I type up an additional letter for medical purposes covering our time pre-cruise?

Thanks,

Sheal

you will also need both parents legal permission to get off the ship in mexico, not sure of other ports. you also need power of atty to make any medical decisions, in case of broken arm, sea sickness in case you can not reach her parents where time is a factor. you can get power of atty for lenght of cruise, also have her insurance card, just in case she is evacatuated to miami. we need all this for our grandson..............

Hi Everyone,

I have typed up the following letter (based on my interpretation of RC's requirements when traveling with a minor) and plan to have each parent sign (parents are divorced). Does this appear to cover all bases?

I, XXX, give permission for my daughter, XXX, to travel with XXX and XXX to Florida and embark on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas departing XXX The ship will be stopping at the following ports of call ........................... and then returning on XXX.

XXX and XXX have permission to sign any legal documentation/waivers in order for XXX to participate in any activities that may require one (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating).

XXX and XXX are authorized to supervise XXX and are authorized to permit any medical treatment necessary.

Parent

Notary

Would you recommend that I type up an additional letter for medical purposes covering our time pre-cruise?

Thanks,

Sheal

My recommendations are in red.

We use a similar one. My suggestions. Including passport # is another layer of security. Also have parents include a fax number where they will be on day of sailing just in case anything needs to be faxed to them from port for signatures or verification.

I, XXX, give permission for my daughter, XXX, passport # to travel with XXX, passport # and XXX, passport # to Florida on (date) and embark on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas departing XXX The ship will be stopping at the following ports of call ........................... and then returning on XXX.

_____________________ Date: ____________

Can be reached at (phone, cell, fax, email)

Parent

Notary

Thanks everyone!

DD's friend has already obtained the info you all suggested (she can't wait to go) and I have revised my original letter. I also found a "temporary" power of attorney letter to cover any medical issues.

Better to have too much than too little.

Sheal

Archived