can i do this at my time dining???

calmmerritt

Ok so we have my time dining and my question is can we just get salad and dessert or better yet is it possible to go to MDR and just get dessert, my husband and I aren't big on fancy dinners but do love to have dessert and i love the look of the desserts on the menu in the dining room, so can we just get dessert???

As far as I know, as long as you're on Your Time Dining and will not hold up the table, you're free to order whatever you like. The only time it would matter would be at a regular seating where they serve in courses.

I'm sure you can. I have definitely skipped courses of the meals that I don't want, so I'm sure you could skip them all and head straight to desert. FYI though, I'm not sure that I would call these MDR "Fancy dinners". If I were you I would definitely try at least one and still if you don't want all of the courses, choose the courses you do want. Your Time Dining would be the better option for this type of meal.

thank you for the quick replies, yes we will do some dinners but on our last cruise we did prefer to eat mostly in the buffet but after hearing so much about this melted chocolate dessert and i just have to try it any chance that is offered at the buffet?

There's not a good selection to order two or three desserts. There's two regular, a diet, and the Chocolate Melting cake everyday, which I find waaay too rich and sweet. If you go up to the buffet there's a half dozen selections.

I've ordered 2 or 3 desserts at least a couple of times each cruise - our last one on Carnival was no exception.

OP: You could also do My Time Dining for your salad and dessert and then hit up the buffet for additional desserts, if you so desire. And if you want to be REALLY decadent, you could then head to your cabin and order dessert via room service. Maybe hit the coffee shop (for a fee) in between for a fourth serving of the sweet stuff.

You could conceivably maintain a sugar high for the entire duration of your cruise. :)

Definitely try the dining room desserts. Many of them can be ordered with ice cream. The main dining room ice cream and sorbets are very good.

Enjoy.

I tried the tropical fruit plate with a side of vanilla ice cream..yum! One night I just needed something a little lighter. :o

Your question - and answers - apply whether you choose your-time/my-time/anytime dining or traditional dining. There is no difference between the two dining options, other than traditional has assigned dining times/tables.

I did one night on my last cruise. I ate too much in Cozumel, so that night at dinner, I just ordered a baked potato and dessert. The waiter didn't mind at all, in fact he kept coming back and asking me if I wanted something else to eat perhaps another potato. So yes it's possible with My Time Dining.

Ok so we have my time dining and my question is can we just get salad and dessert or better yet is it possible to go to MDR and just get dessert, my husband and I aren't big on fancy dinners but do love to have dessert and i love the look of the desserts on the menu in the dining room, so can we just get dessert???

Yes you can we enjoy YTD and if we've had lunch in a port a big dinner is just to much for us. I've enjoyed salad, bread with dessert and my husband has enjoyed soup, bread and coffee a number of times. You can get WCMC on the buffet but it's not as good as what you get in the MDR could be because it sits on the buffet for a while and just doesn't stay as hot as what the MDR serves.

Being assigned to AnyTime Dining, I'm not so sure you can just drop into the MDR's for dessert. ken

Sure can. Anytime is the same as Traditional as far as the OP's question goes. You can order whatever want (from menu) with either dining option.;)

Sure can. Anytime is the same as Traditional as far as the OP's question goes. You can order whatever want (from menu) with either dining option.;)

My point was that if OP is assigned Anytime, they generally can't do a MDR drop-in(one or the other), if that's what they were suggesting. ken

Isn't that what anytime Dining is? Drop in when you want to eat??:confused:

Some people think that if they have an assigned dining that they will be able to use the Anytimedining room one night-- ya know just to grab dessert and coffee.

if you have an assigned time you will not be able to do this. you have an asigned table at an assigned time.

The hostess should ask to see your s&s card before seating you for dinner in the anytime room.

But are you aware that a lot of stuff on the menu in the mdr is being served at the buffet

Archived