Themed Dinners?

doubletree07

Wondering if there are themed dinners in the Horizon Court.

Any one able to elaborate, i.e., specific ships. We will be sailing on the Coral Princess in March and thinking of passing on formal nights. Thanks in advance. :) Marie

It seems that there are many "theme nights", but most of the time you can get what is on the menu in the diningrooms. We have done this in the past & instead of a 2 hour dinner you finish much faster! the food in the evening is much (!!) better at dinner than any other time. Many more are passing formal night due to the airline $$ for luggage.

Jan

The only actual 'theme' nights I have seen have been on those ships that offer the Cafe Caribe (aft of the Horizon Court). I don't remember any theme nights on those ships that offer only the Horizon Court as an option.

Keep in mind, although some of the same foods will be served at the buffet as in the dining room, many are not as they don't hold up well in a buffet setting. They do their best, but things like lobster and steaks are not offered, or many of the same desserts will not be available at the buffet. ;)

The only actual 'theme' nights I have seen have been on those ships that offer the Cafe Caribe (aft of the Horizon Court). I don't remember any theme nights on those ships that offer only the Horizon Court as an option.

Keep in mind, although some of the same foods will be served at the buffet as in the dining room, many are not as they don't hold up well in a buffet setting. They do their best, but things like lobster and steaks are not offered, or many of the same desserts will not be available at the buffet. ;)

Thanks much. Do you know if the Coral has a Cafe Caribe?

On our recent Sapphire cruise, there was a "theme" almost every day in the Horizon Court at lunchtime in addition to the usual buffet offerings. There was also a "Pub Lunch" in the Wheelhouse a couple of times.

I have seen the themed luncheons also, but never heard or seen them in the evening with ships that only offer the HC.

On our recent Sapphire cruise, there was a "theme" almost every day in the Horizon Court at lunchtime in addition to the usual buffet offerings. There was also a "Pub Lunch" in the Wheelhouse a couple of times.

Thanks Pam - Toto said only the Grand Class ships have the Caribe Cafe. :( A fellow poster was wondering if Coral Princess offered themed lunches/dinners in the Horizon Court thus my inquiry. By the way loved the review of

your most recent MR cruise. :) Marie

Thanks Pam - Toto said only the Grand Class ships have the Caribe Cafe. :( A fellow poster was wondering if Coral Princess offered themed lunches/dinners in the Horizon Court thus my inquiry. By the way loved the review of

your most recent MR cruise. :) Marie

Sorry if I misunderstood your original question, I thought you were only asking about themed dinners at the Hozion Court? :o

One correction though, the regular Grand Class ships do not offer the Cafe Caribe, only the modified Grand Class ships do. ;)

Sorry if I misunderstood your original question, I thought you were only asking about themed dinners at the Hozion Court? :o

One correction though, the regular Grand Class ships do not offer the Cafe Caribe, only the modified Grand Class ships do. ;)

You are right Toto. ;) I did ask about themed dinners in the Horizon Court. We have only been on one Princess cruise, the Sapphire , Oct. 2009 and I don't recall any themed lunches/dinners in Horizon Court or the dining rooms.

Archived