Any pros or cons to Chops on last night of cruise?

dcward89

The only issue I had once is that we ate very late and had to get back to the room fairly quickly to pack our nicer clothes and get the bag out. This is very nitpicky ... but I got frustrated one "last night" as the person next to me was close enough for cell reception and insisted on having a phone conversation for most of dinner. Also, since I believe this night usually has light booking, they may run a special event like a wine flight (check reservations).

We've done it several times. We like having a last "hurrah" of a very good meal and we generally make it about 7 pm or so, so that we can head downstairs and pack up last minute items afterwards.

yes, you have to take your tips to your regular waiters, but that's a quick stop and "goodbye" (I usually send dh while I finish getting ready).

I can't think of a real "con".

Thanks for everyone's replies. We've already got it booked for 6pm and the last day is a sea day so plenty of time either before or after to pack up. Also we are doing MTD so our tips will be prepaid...do we still need to go to the dining room to hand out the vouchers or will they get the tips with or without the vouchers?

Thanks for everyone's replies. We've already got it booked for 6pm and the last day is a sea day so plenty of time either before or after to pack up. Also we are doing MTD so our tips will be prepaid...do we still need to go to the dining room to hand out the vouchers or will they get the tips with or without the vouchers?

was wondering the same thinghave only sailed one time and did MTD only gave my voucure to the room stewart with some extra in it. left the rest on the desk in the room hope they all got there tips but only used MDR 2 nights. Hated the wait time in the MDR took for ever to eat in there. We did chops one night portofinos one night windjammers one night and MDR 2 nights. Worst one for use was the MDR food was ok but took almost 2 hours for supper. hate to waste all that time for dinner chops and portofinos took about the same maybe alittle quicker but well worth the time.

Archived