Ft Lauderdale Hyatt Place North's Free Port Shuttle Ends...

Music City

Do you know if the Hyatt Place North is also going to start charging for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

How did you find out about the new $6 charge? We are scheduled to stay there April 2nd....which is ok since we probably were going to cab it to the port anyway as it is a short ride. But if we have to pay for a cab or the shuttle from the airport also, we may look to stay somewhere else.

Thanks.

Why is the free shuttle a big deal? We stay there and take a taxi. Quicker than waiting our turn on the shuttle and we like to be to port earlier then the shuttle starts. Its such a nice place I dont think it will matter to most. At three people a taxi is about the same price to port. The shuttle to and from the airport is still free. :)

Do you know if the Hyatt Place North is also going to start charging for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

How did you find out about the new $6 charge? We are scheduled to stay there April 2nd....which is ok since we probably were going to cab it to the port anyway as it is a short ride. But if we have to pay for a cab or the shuttle from the airport also, we may look to stay somewhere else.

Thanks.

From their web site the last two lines of "hotel highlights"...

Shuttle service to airport, cruise port and Broward Convention Center available

Beginning April 1, 2011, transportation to the Port Everglades (cruise port) will be $6/person. Service available for drop off only

http://www.ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp?src=agn_dtc_hp_lclb_gplaces_fllza

Why is the free shuttle a big deal? We stay there and take a taxi. Quicker than waiting our turn on the shuttle and we like to be to port earlier then the shuttle starts. Its such a nice place I dont think it will matter to most. At three people a taxi is about the same price to port. The shuttle to and from the airport is still free. :)

Why do you need to be at the port early? I'd rather take my time and avoid the rush.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree. Seems like the last time I stayed there I took a cab rather than wait. I also like to get to the port early. Seems like you stand in line no matter when you get there. (Been a little better the last couple of years since I got platinum status.):D The Hyatt is a nice hotel in a nice area. 6 bucks one way or another is not going to make any difference to me. :)

Dave

I'm with you on this one. We took a cab last yr with another couple and it was only 10.00! Sometimes the shuttle from the hotel is chaotic and we wanted to leave earlier than their first shuttle. They also wouldn't let you sign up for the shuttle when you checked in. You had to come back at 3:00 (so it would be fair:rolleyes:) and sign in. We were out and about at that time and didn't want the hassle.

Archived