Sea-Trac Hotel Question

Cruisingfamilyfun

Can anyone give me some advise? We have a cruise for 16 planned in august, and I am having a hard time on Hotels! Has anyone stayed in the Sleep Inn - Sea Trac or La Quinta Inn & Suite, Seattle Sea-trac???

Both of these have been quoted to me at a very reasonable rate. However, CHEAP is not always the best rate! Any information on these two hotels would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, have stayed at the Sleep Inn Seatac and it was great! Nice, clean, large rooms, computers for guest use in the lobby, a very nice continental breakfast every morning, coffee, tea and hot chocolate always available, free shuttle back and forth to the airport (where you can pick up the Light Rail to go over to Seattle proper if you like). There is also a laundry facilities onsite, and an IHOP right across the parking lot for easy and convenient meals if of interest. Their free shuttle to the airport will also take you to any restaurant (and pick you up) within a 3 to 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Last year, we stayed there the night before and the night after the HAL Amsterdam 14 day itinerary. They were offering a package at the time for a minimal extra fee to take you to Pier 91 the day of the cruise - inquire if they are offering the same package this year. It was perfect and well worth the extra cost. After the cruise, we made reservations with Seattle Express for approx. $14.00 pp who took us from Pier 91 to the airport, where we rented a car for the day. We then had our own vehicle do do what we wanted on that day after disembarking from the ship. That evening, DH dropped the car at the airport and called the hotel shuttle to bring him back from the airport. Worked out great!

I will be staying there again pre-cruise on August 5th, but have decided to fly home after disembarking the Amsterdam after the cruise. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (obviously;)!) and would highly recommend it!

I drove by the Sleep Inn today and for a hotel it looks fine. Its in an industrial area on a major highway. Your next door neighbor will be a Kenworth truck facility. I really don't think its anything more than a place to sleep but wouldn't be where I'd want to be especially without a car. The IHOP is really the only place close to eat. If you stayed closer to Seatac you'd be able to walk to the light rail station but the Sleep inn is a bit south of the main airport station so not walkable..As I mentioned I'd much prefer using Hotwire and trying to get Seattle or at least a nicer hotel closer to Seatac.

Yes, have stayed at the Sleep Inn Seatac and it was great! Nice, clean, large rooms, computers for guest use in the lobby, a very nice continental breakfast every morning, coffee, tea and hot chocolate always available, free shuttle back and forth to the airport (where you can pick up the Light Rail to go over to Seattle proper if you like). There is also a laundry facilities onsite, and an IHOP right across the parking lot for easy and convenient meals if of interest. Their free shuttle to the airport will also take you to any restaurant (and pick you up) within a 3 to 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Last year, we stayed there the night before and the night after the HAL Amsterdam 14 day itinerary. They were offering a package at the time for a minimal extra fee to take you to Pier 91 the day of the cruise - inquire if they are offering the same package this year. It was perfect and well worth the extra cost. After the cruise, we made reservations with Seattle Express for approx. $14.00 pp who took us from Pier 91 to the airport, where we rented a car for the day. We then had our own vehicle do do what we wanted on that day after disembarking from the ship. That evening, DH dropped the car at the airport and called the hotel shuttle to bring him back from the airport. Worked out great!

I will be staying there again pre-cruise on August 5th, but have decided to fly home after disembarking the Amsterdam after the cruise. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (obviously;)!) and would highly recommend it!

thank you so much for the information! I hope you have a wonderful cruise in august. We will fly in on August 21st!

I drove by the Sleep Inn today and for a hotel it looks fine. Its in an industrial area on a major highway. Your next door neighbor will be a Kenworth truck facility. I really don't think its anything more than a place to sleep but wouldn't be where I'd want to be especially without a car. The IHOP is really the only place close to eat. If you stayed closer to Seatac you'd be able to walk to the light rail station but the Sleep inn is a bit south of the main airport station so not walkable..As I mentioned I'd much prefer using Hotwire and trying to get Seattle or at least a nicer hotel closer to Seatac.

thank you so much! I have to run all this info by my group! I guess i am the KRUISE KAPITAN so i was placed in charge of information. We will be getting together next sunday to "discuss" all the Kruise related info.

The La Quita has a pool, is closer to the airport (not a huge deal cause we are flying home the same day we disembark the ship...................but transportation is huge for us. Especially with walking places. We have several seniors in our group and one dealing with lung cancer living out his BUCKET LIST ITEM to cruise to Alaska. So, we need to be central to dinning options. Even if we choose to stay right downtown, we still have transportation to and from the pier! SO we thought we would cut some cost by staying further away from downtown, be close enough for a short walk to dinning options and the light rail................with that being said is the LA QUINTa CLOSE enough to walk to, so we can go downtown?

Once on the light rail, if we get off DOWNTOWN, shops, dinning, pikes market, the space needle, are the within walking distance? Also, my uncle who is doing is BUCKET LIST, how far is the navel base there? He wanted to catch a cab to go see "how it's changed" from when he was stationed there, 30 + years ago!

Thank you all for the information! You have made my "job" so much easier! I hate to tell someone "i got a great rate" then have the hotel be a real dumpola!

thanks again!

thank you so much! I have to run all this info by my group! I guess i am the KRUISE KAPITAN so i was placed in charge of information. We will be getting together next sunday to "discuss" all the Kruise related info.

The La Quita has a pool, is closer to the airport (not a huge deal cause we are flying home the same day we disembark the ship...................but transportation is huge for us. Especially with walking places. We have several seniors in our group and one dealing with lung cancer living out his BUCKET LIST ITEM to cruise to Alaska. So, we need to be central to dinning options. Even if we choose to stay right downtown, we still have transportation to and from the pier! SO we thought we would cut some cost by staying further away from downtown, be close enough for a short walk to dinning options and the light rail................with that being said is the LA QUINTa CLOSE enough to walk to, so we can go downtown?

Once on the light rail, if we get off DOWNTOWN, shops, dinning, pikes market, the space needle, are the within walking distance? Also, my uncle who is doing is BUCKET LIST, how far is the navel base there? He wanted to catch a cab to go see "how it's changed" from when he was stationed there, 30 + years ago!

Thank you all for the information! You have made my "job" so much easier! I hate to tell someone "i got a great rate" then have the hotel be a real dumpola!

thanks again!

Naval Station Everett is about 40 miles from downtown with multiple changes of buses to get there and Naval Station Bremerton is about the same distance, and accessible by hour long ferry ride.

Naval Station Everett is about 40 miles from downtown with multiple changes of buses to get there and Naval Station Bremerton is about the same distance, and accessible by hour long ferry ride.

Thank you! I am not sure which my uncle will want to "see" but thank you for the information. Would they accessible by taxi?

The Navy base your uncle was stationed at was either Pier 91 which is now the cruise terminal or Bremerton Naval Shipyards. If its Bremerton its super easy to take the ferry from Seattle Waterfront to downtown Bremerton.

The Navy base your uncle was stationed at was either Pier 91 which is now the cruise terminal or Bremerton Naval Shipyards. If its Bremerton its super easy to take the ferry from Seattle Waterfront to downtown Bremerton.

Well I just phoned my uncle, he was at pier 91 it was the last pier he sailed into, it was the pier he was "discharged" from way back 30+years ago! He was excited to be heading back to pier 91, boarding a ship, and not having to work on this sailing!

this is a larger limo provider in seattle. Very reliable with a fleet of new buses. It may be a good option for a larger group or even a few. They have a large variety of vehicles.

http://www.a-alimo.com/cruiseshiprates.html

I have contacted Seattle Express, they quoted us the best deal on a 25 passenger bus for PRIVATE transport. I will try A-Alimo today to see if they can price match or beat seattle espress! Thank you!

this is a larger limo provider in seattle. Very reliable with a fleet of new buses. It may be a good option for a larger group or even a few. They have a large variety of vehicles.

http://www.a-alimo.com/cruiseshiprates.html

I just contacted A-A and they were more expensive than Seattle Express! So I guess we stay with seattle express!

Thank you for the info though!

If you want to stay in SeaTac then use Priceline, if you put in Seatac and 3 stars you will get a nice place by the airport for $50 or less. I almost always get the Doubletree when I do this. But, Seatac is quite a ways from downtown Seattle, so it won't be convenient for sightseeing without a car. You won't get a hotel in the downtown area for anywhere near that cheap.

Seattle Express is fine. They use older buses but do a shuttle service from Seatac hotels to Pike Place Market and to southcenter Mall. They do the hotel shuttles pretty convenient to cruises.

Pier 91 won't look like much like your uncle remembered. Besides the cruise terminal a large fishing company uses the pier in winter to dock their ships. My uncle used to supply the PX at pier 91 so I remember it as well. There was also a army base at the top of Magnolia known as Ft. Lawton which is now Discovery Park. Enjoy your trip.

Seattle Express is fine. They use older buses but do a shuttle service from Seatac hotels to Pike Place Market and to southcenter Mall. They do the hotel shuttles pretty convenient to cruises.

Pier 91 won't look like much like your uncle remembered. Besides the cruise terminal a large fishing company uses the pier in winter to dock their ships. My uncle used to supply the PX at pier 91 so I remember it as well. There was also a army base at the top of Magnolia known as Ft. Lawton which is now Discovery Park. Enjoy your trip.

David, do you know anything about the SUPER 8..............not sure which one, but another poster in our Roll call said they have a park and stay and also free transportation to the ship. I am sure they do not have airport service, but, I am willing to take a look into all options.

Shanna

Hi, we are also looking for a hotel for one night near SeaTac in November 2011, before flying down to Tampa for a cruise. Just checking prices in Seattle near airport with park and fly rates are huge!!!! I haven't found a good deal yet. I would do the hotwire or priceline thing to get a decent hotel but then you can't get the "park and fly" rate and we need parking for 10 days......... Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks!!!!

Leah

Hi, we are also looking for a hotel for one night near SeaTac in November 2011, before flying down to Tampa for a cruise. Just checking prices in Seattle near airport with park and fly rates are huge!!!! I haven't found a good deal yet. I would do the hotwire or priceline thing to get a decent hotel but then you can't get the "park and fly" rate and we need parking for 10 days......... Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks!!!!

Leah

We have thought about the Clariton Inn Sea-tac, we got it for $75.99 per night plus tax, but we are flying in so i have no idea about the park and go!

Does anyone have info on the Clariton Inn????

November is quite a way off. I just parked at Park n Jet for $6 a day so getting a good hotel for $45 plus parking is still a better deal than paying for a park n fly package. Even if you used Hotwire you can always call the hotel and ask about leaving your car there.

My husband told me "you only have till sunday to check out hotels, and remember the cheapest is not always the best"

So we have the following quotes:

Sleep Inn $89.99

Clarion Inn $75.99

la quinta $80.75

Those sound like good rates! I've been checking around and the cheapest park and fly rate we've gotten for 1 night and 11 days of parking is $129.00 at a one star hotel............kinda scary........Not sure what we'll do because if you get a decent hotel on priceline or hotwire for $60 or $70 then you have to pay parking extra which is anywhere from $7 to $12 a day and for 11 days that really adds up!!

I'm so confused!!!

Leah

My husband told me "you only have till sunday to check out hotels, and remember the cheapest is not always the best"

So we have the following quotes:

Sleep Inn $89.99

Clarion Inn $75.99

la quinta $80.75

Have you read any reviews on here or Tripadvisor. Sleep inn was just asked about. Its a nice motel next to a Kenworth truck facility on an industrial hwy. La Quinta is next to the airport as is Clarion. I find it hard to believe that $80 won't get you a Marriott or Doubletree at SEatac by using Hotwire.com? The 3 choices are fine the airport has little to offer as far as food or dining options. Its 15 miles from downtown.

Hi. So far, the cheapest we've found for park and fly leaving our car for 10 days is $129.99 plus tax at the Sleep Inn. It has a free airport shuttle and they open their continental breakfast at 3:30 am - which works for us b3cause have to be at the airport by about 4:15-4:30 am.......yuck.

I also did some checking on "gasp" bedbugs.......and there was a report at the bedbugsregistry.com

Found 4 hotels in seatac with bedbugs: Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport

18740 International Blvd Seatac, WA

Days Inn Seatac Airport

19015 International Blvd Seatac, WA

Seatac Inn

17108 International Blvd Seatac, WA

Rodeway Inn Seatac

2930 S 176th St Seatac, WA

Also read on Trip Advisor Travelodge SeaTac Airport had them and also that there was a report at the Clarion hotel as well at some time.......

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

it is very possible, these are not problems any longer, but just that at one time or another, bed bugs have been reported at these properties.

Me, I'm not into taking chances and will avoid these properties.

I think the Sleep Inn looks good so far..........or one of the best westerns although very pricey for a best western. I've checked and paying for parking separately is really expensive for 11 days, works out to between $90 and well over $100 at some places. Even getting a smoking deal on priceline, by the time you add the extra expense of parking, we might as well pay one of the park and stay rates......expensive anyway you look at it! We had such a good deal in Bellingham, room was only about $89 a night and included parking for 12 days...... wish I could find something decent like that!

Leah

We have thought about the Clariton Inn Sea-tac, we got it for $75.99 per night plus tax, but we are flying in so i have no idea about the park and go!

Does anyone have info on the Clariton Inn????

I've been researching and although that rate is good, I'm avoiding several hotels I checked on.......due to reports of bed bugs and I'm not into that!

So far the sleep in looks ok.............would rather have the Hilton but too darn expensive!

Leah

Archived