Boarding time*Jewel*NYC*?

block

Just curious what time I might be able to board the Jewel in April. I live in NY and could get there fairly easy and quickly to start VACATION !!. I've gotten to the ship as early as 9am in other ports(couldn't board til 10 am) What is the earliest you think I can board ??

Just curious what time I might be able to board the Jewel in April. I live in NY and could get there fairly easy and quickly to start VACATION !!. I've gotten to the ship as early as 9am in other ports(couldn't board til 10 am) What is the earliest you think I can board ??

the few times I left out of NYC we didn't start boarding until 11:15-11:30 AM

I was speaking to a Security person while waiting in line to check in a few weeks ago on the Jewel and she said that passengers can arrive as early as 9:30am to beat the rush.

The lines were currently 2 to 3 hours of standing. It was just after noon at that time.

9:30 sounds good to me and I'll remember that in the future.

Also the Jewel states that it docks at 10 am but really came in at 8 am. (the 1-12-11 cruise)

When we cruised on the Jewel Thanksgiving week we were the second car in line to drop off the bags at 10:00 AM. We then ran some errands, parked the car and came back to the terminal about 11:30. We were having lunch in Tsar's by 12:30.

You can arrive at the pier 9:30 am and maybe even earlier, but you will be sitting around for a couple of hours in a terminal without much to offer in the way of shops or dining. The advantage of getting there early is that you will be in line to checkin early, and then when boarding begins at around 11:30 to 11:50, you will be among the first to board.

Keep in mind, that you will have to hang around the public rooms or cafes on the ship until it is announced that the cabins are ready--usually around 2:00 pm. And you will have to tote your carryons with you, although there is sometimes a location setup to hold them for you until that time.

If you are in a suite or are a top-tier repeat passenger, there is a separate waiting room in the terminal.

Archived