rainforest gardens Juneau

bonezzz

i emailed jewel gardens in juneau and asked about the flowers and colors in mid may. they informed me that it was not the best time too visit and get the most out of the garden. it is better too go in june. i would not spend money on that tour since the garden will not be in bloom all the way.

Hi IT WILL BE OUR FIRST CRUISE TO ALASKA WE ARE GOING IN MAY. I NOTICED AN EXCURSIONS TO THE RAINFOREST GARDENS IS IT WORTH IT, THE PRICE WAS NOT TO MUCH THOUGH ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

There's the gardens, but also a ride up through the forest to an outlook high up the mountain. Depending on your other excursions, it may be your only chance to simply go into our rainforest.

They also have a large hothouse full of plants that will be set out into the gardens in June. They'll just be inside instead of outside. :D

There's the gardens, but also a ride up through the forest to an outlook high up the mountain. :D

We are renting a car in Juneau. Can you please tell me more about the ride up through the forest? Is this just part of their tour or can we do it by car?

Thanks in Advance

Barbara

We are renting a car in Juneau. Can you please tell me more about the ride up through the forest? Is this just part of their tour or can we do it by car?

Thanks in Advance

Barbara

It is the tour access. It is a hilly area and golf type carts are used. Look at their web site. You would drive there, then pay for the access.

Thanks in Advance

Barbara

With a car, you have many access points into the forest without paying money to ride in a cart. As you drive Out the Road, there's numerous trail heads, marked with brown signs.

i emailed jewel gardens in juneau and asked about the flowers and colors in mid may. they informed me that it was not the best time too visit and get the most out of the garden. it is better too go in june. i would not spend money on that tour since the garden will not be in bloom all the way.

Jewell Gardens is in Skagway, and Glacier Gardens is in Juneau.

Archived