Spray Tans

bertieboop1

I tried it a few years ago and it was a nice color but it came off when I swam. A girl I work with just got it done to see how it looks before her cruise and the tanning operator told her it no longer comes off in the pool. She is going to get it done again and try the pool for herself to see if it stays on. Her tan did look really good after 10 days though so if it stays on after a dip in the pool I am going to do it too.

Hope this makes sence. Kris

Be aware that spray tans do "fade" in a "splotchy" manner and can leave ankles, wrists and other "crinkly" joints looking dirty...

Try it at least once before you get on the ship, just to make sure you like the results!

And remember, this does nothing to "protect" you from the sun....you'll need lots and lots and lots of sunscreen!

Never again..one dip in the water and that was it and it was like a splotchy mess. Not worth the money and I'd ask a few other "tanning technician experts" if they fade to get a consistent opinion.

It won't protect you from the sun either.

My advice: get one AFTER your cruise before you go back to work Wear as much sun screen as possible. The Carribean sun is much HOTTER and can burn more than the "sun" in more northern climates.

Isn't the whole purpose of tanning to "look and feel healthy"? Better to save your skin and get the spray tan as soon as you get back so people will "think" you got tan!

I tried it a few years ago and it was a nice color but it came off when I swam. A girl I work with just got it done to see how it looks before her cruise and the tanning operator told her it no longer comes off in the pool. She is going to get it done again and try the pool for herself to see if it stays on. Her tan did look really good after 10 days though so if it stays on after a dip in the pool I am going to do it too.

Hope this makes sence. Kris

Spray tan didn't stay on for me, got ugly looking after spending a day at the beach, it was a couple years go. It was expensive.

But, maybe they have improved in the last couple years

I spray tan all the time, for dance competitions. I go to Mystic Tan, exfoliate well before I go. After tanning I come home and get into loose clothing.By the next day the color has developed into a very nice tan.

I find the tan does fade each day and is gone altogether in a week. But sure if you are going to be in water a lot I would expect it to last even less than that. I have never found it to be blotchy or dirty looking as it is fading.

But I do this for dance competition, for a single days event. Honestly thought I dont think I would spend the money to do this for a cruise, the color starts to fade pretty fast. I think the bronzing creams done over a few weeks time would probably work better.

I chuckled when I read the question because it brought me memories of my vacation to Hawaii 3 years ago.

I used to do mystic tan ALL the time back then. I bought a package of unlimited mystic tanning for $50 a month so I totally took advantage of it. Right before I left for HI I went three days in a row so I was pretty dark. First day I was at the beach playing with my kids I ended up looking like a FREAK!! My knees (where I was standing on in the shallow parts of the water) the tan had rubbed off in weird blotches and other parts of my body.

That day I had to exfoliate my body and have my husband help me in my back! It was kind of funny... :D:D at least my daughter thought so

I have some of that Jergens Natural Glow and have found it to actually work pretty well. Have you considered something like that? I was thinking of spray tanning, but it seems like a lot of effort for maybe not the greatest results? Like you're not supposed to shave or that will cause it to come off? How would I not shave my legs for a week when I'm in a bathing suit every day? So then I would have to have my legs waxed too???

I don't like the spray tans. I actually just returned from tanning 30 minutes ago for my cruise on the 12th. I don't tan all the time only before a vacation. I buy a 20 tan package and use the stand up room not the beds. It helps me to not burn while in warm climates and also makes my legs look better in a swim suit and shorts after a long cold winter. I know it isn't good to do all the time but figured a few times once a year won't hurt and it actually makes me feel better after all this snow we are having......

I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow for a few years before vacations. I usually start 2 weeks before my vacation (you can start later than that). I use the product daily after showering. I only have two somewhat minor complaints. It does have an off odor about it that may or may not be a deal breaker for you but the odor is less for this product than others I have tried. It can also make areas like ankles and a few areas on your feet darker from too much product in the creases. Make sure you wait a few minutes after application before dressing. Overall, I like this product and the color it gives.

I have lighter olive skin which is darker than some people to begin with, but those tanning lotions make my skin look orange. I keep trying new ones, have gone thru the over the counter brands and have started with more expensive ones like Clarins,..still, they turn me orange! Maybe some day I'll find one that looks good. Is there anyone else that has this problem?

Be aware that spray tans do "fade" in a "splotchy" manner and can leave ankles, wrists and other "crinkly" joints looking dirty...

Try it at least once before you get on the ship, just to make sure you like the results!

And remember, this does nothing to "protect" you from the sun....you'll need lots and lots and lots of sunscreen!

I agree! Mine looked so dingy during the cruise, especially on my feet and toes. It was gross looking as it wore off unevenly. I won't get another one.

I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow for a few years before vacations. I usually start 2 weeks before my vacation (you can start later than that). I use the product daily after showering. I only have two somewhat minor complaints. It does have an off odor about it that may or may not be a deal breaker for you but the odor is less for this product than others I have tried. It can also make areas like ankles and a few areas on your feet darker from too much product in the creases. Make sure you wait a few minutes after application before dressing. Overall, I like this product and the color it gives.

I am using this right now for my cruise next Saturday. It is developing nicely and I will bring it with me and use it while we are away also.

I own an airbrush tanning company in California, and you can get around that "blotchy" appearance at the end of your tan if you keep a few things in mind. First, the tan is a permanent stain to the top layer of your skin, and the only way to lose the tan is to lose those skin cells (which we're constantly doing). The best thing to do is to exfoliate prior to tanning, and then avoid scrubbing your skin until you're ready to lose the tan entirely. Scrubbing obviously includes using a loofah or wash cloth in the shower, but a less obvious method of scrubbing is rubbing a towel over your skin to dry after a dip in a very drying chlorine swimming pool. Your best bet is to dab dry with the towel, and moisturize like it's your job! Even better, use a sunless tanner after showering to keep incoming pale skin cells tanned and even.

My company's gradual tanner was voted Top 5 twice last year! And I used it to even out skintone in a very popular runway show (see my profile for a picture) ;-) Gives skin an extra little "something-something."

Sea & Ski had an awesome sunless tanning lotion years ago, before I started using my own, and I remember it didn't stink! Just remember to rub the lotion in circles, not straight up and down - that's how you get streaks. Kudos on avoiding the sun, and Happy Tanning!

Archived