Car rental

Mark_UK

I'm looking to rent a hire car from when we get off Allure. Will most likely be Budget located on 17th Street, however im not sure what time to put as the pickup time. I was thinking around 10am, does that sound about right?

I'm looking to rent a hire car from when we get off Allure. Will most likely be Budget located on 17th Street, however im not sure what time to put as the pickup time. I was thinking around 10am, does that sound about right?

Mark.. It's only about a 10 min ride to that location..Budget should have a shuttle that will pick up at the port..Your time frame sounds good..Enjoy your cruise...We did a week post cruise in London this past August..Hope you enjoy your visit as much as we enjoyed ours...

Cheers !!!

Hi Ashland,

Glad you enjoyed your time in London, did you do a med cruise? I really cant wait to get out to Florida!

Hi Mark, We did the Baltics out of Harwich (and a week post cruise in London), will be doing the western med this August (hoping for a few days in London post cruise again since we connect thru London), but first the eastern caribbean again this March..Enjoy your cruise and Florida. you will love the caribbean !!!

Sounds a bit early. Some of this depends on when you leave the ship. Our number was called a bit late and we ended up leaving at 9:30.

Finding out luggage was easy. Then there was the long customs line...took a while, and we're US citizens.

For non-US citizens, the lines were 5X as long.

After that, you have to either find a taxi or a shuttle.

Remember those 5,000 passengers that you didn't see more than once on the huge ship? You're about to see them many times over in this area :-)

Sounds a bit early. Some of this depends on when you leave the ship. Our number was called a bit late and we ended up leaving at 9:30.

Finding out luggage was easy. Then there was the long customs line...took a while, and we're US citizens.

For non-US citizens, the lines were 5X as long.

After that, you have to either find a taxi or a shuttle.

Remember those 5,000 passengers that you didn't see more than once on the huge ship? You're about to see them many times over in this area :-)

Usually your car pick up time is approx. And the rental time on your contract will start from the actual time you picked it up...They are very well aware you're coming in on a cruise ship..Many car rental agencies will have their large very well marked shuttles circling the port taking rental customers to their Rental location office....If they have any concerns about late disembarking a call from Mark_UK to Budget once off the ship should keep everyone in the loop....

Why dont you pick the location at the airport, then you can get on the shuttle at the port and be dropped off right outside. Thats what we do and it works fine. ;)

Missed this - we have also picked up at 10am with NO probs. :)

Why dont you pick the location at the airport, then you can get on the shuttle at the port and be dropped off right outside. Thats what we do and it works fine. ;)

Davenew..Wouldn't it be better to avoid the conjestion at the airport..and use the 17th street location? More than likely Budget will offer a shuttle to this location too..if not just a few $'s for a taxi might be a better investment than using the airport location...JMHO of course..but glad that has worked out well for you..

Archived