Question ref Palos/Remys

maddmaxx

Going out next week on Dream and, per instructions from my "personal cruise advisor" played the DCL web site game daily in an effort to grab a bite at Remys or Palos Web site indiecated they were booked, keep trying. As luck would have it I got them for 7pm while in Nassau.

Went back to book another event and my dinner reservations were nowhere to be found... as in gone, like I never had made them. $@#@$!!

Wrote my personal cruise advisor a note expressing my dismay over the glitch but he hasn't bothered to respond. No worries, I reckon. They got my money and no Palos/Remy is by no means a deal breaker... it's not like you are going to go hungry on a cruise ship.

With that said, in the old days, on Magic or Wonder, you could make an apearance at one of the nightspots on emarkation day and they almost always seemed to find a spot for you at Palos. Long mindless post to ask... would anyone know where you would make that personal appearance on the Dream?

Footnote about Nassau... be aware of the water Taxis... we go there frequently on a brand x cruise line out of PC... last several trips on the water taxis have included a guide who tells you things you might want to know and things you couldn't care less about on your trip between the dock and Paradise. Not a bad thing until he passes the hat for his tip at the end of the ride. I watched him (Bob, by the way... he's a regular on the h20 cabs...) get mean and nasty with a group of Japanese gentlemen who didn't care to toss him a buck. Probably the best advice would be to throw a buck in his hat to shut him up... think we have had Bob on three out of four of our last Taxi rides. Also, more than you wanted to know about Nassau water taxis, probably... the boarding process is now across the street and under the bridge from the nice little terminal where they used to get you onboard. It's an interesting and dicey process if you are out of shape, have young children, or have a hard time stepping on small wooden steps on a bobbing an weaving boat that, from my cheap seat, appeared to be over loaded.

Hmmmmmmmmm... I just wrote an epic... guess I like to hear myself type.

Mahalo...

Going out next week on Dream and, per instructions from my "personal cruise advisor" played the DCL web site game daily in an effort to grab a bite at Remys or Palos Web site indiecated they were booked, keep trying. As luck would have it I got them for 7pm while in Nassau.

Went back to book another event and my dinner reservations were nowhere to be found... as in gone, like I never had made them. $@#@$!!

Wrote my personal cruise advisor a note expressing my dismay over the glitch but he hasn't bothered to respond. No worries, I reckon. They got my money and no Palos/Remy is by no means a deal breaker... it's not like you are going to go hungry on a cruise ship.

With that said, in the old days, on Magic or Wonder, you could make an apearance at one of the nightspots on emarkation day and they almost always seemed to find a spot for you at Palos. Long mindless post to ask... would anyone know where you would make that personal appearance on the Dream?

Footnote about Nassau... be aware of the water Taxis... we go there frequently on a brand x cruise line out of PC... last several trips on the water taxis have included a guide who tells you things you might want to know and things you couldn't care less about on your trip between the dock and Paradise. Not a bad thing until he passes the hat for his tip at the end of the ride. I watched him (Bob, by the way... he's a regular on the h20 cabs...) get mean and nasty with a group of Japanese gentlemen who didn't care to toss him a buck. Probably the best advice would be to throw a buck in his hat to shut him up... think we have had Bob on three out of four of our last Taxi rides. Also, more than you wanted to know about Nassau water taxis, probably... the boarding process is now across the street and under the bridge from the nice little terminal where they used to get you onboard. It's an interesting and dicey process if you are out of shape, have young children, or have a hard time stepping on small wooden steps on a bobbing an weaving boat that, from my cheap seat, appeared to be over loaded.

Hmmmmmmmmm... I just wrote an epic... guess I like to hear myself type.

Mahalo...

If the system works the same way as the Magic/Wonder, you can still book the restaurants when you board. They hold back a lot of reservations for the Internet-challenged.

About ten years ago when we sailed the Magic to Nassau, I was going to take one of those water taxis to Atlantis until I saw the loading them. They put a lot of people up topside then continued to pack people in. I looked around and didn't see where they could have stored enough lifejackets for everyone so I got my family off that boat. Looking back at the boat, I saw that the boottop (waterline to you landlubbers) was under water. I'm still surprised that there's never been a water taxi disaster. We took our chances with the insane taxi drivers instead.

Well get onboard early and see if we can't find our way into Remy or Palos... figured my rant on the water cabs would get bounced... I mean, I like "adventures" and, don't mind an interesting cab ride or boat ride but I have seen a noticable decline in the safety of the Nassau water taxis... that and the, by their own admission, "self annoited" tour guides have made what was once a nice $3 boat ride something that I will not do in the future... in fact, I doubt that we will even get off the ship next week... to few days and too much to explore. Be safe.

Archived