Silly Oasis Question

cctimmom

are there life jackets still in the cabins even though we won't need to use them for the muster drill?

No, life jackets are not in the rooms if needed they will be handed out at the muster stations (I think). It was so blasted hot at our muster station since it was located at the Aqua show area. The area was divided into different numbered muster stations.

ha... SO TRUE!

this is really dorky, but my daughter and I were talking about how much we thought the life jacket pics were funny, and how we'd miss them... and we were thinking if we could just throw them on in our cabins where no one could see, and snap a couple of pics, no one would be the wiser... but, alas, if we want to stage a couple life jacket pics, it'll have to be in an obvious kinda way.

like I said... silly question (for a silly reason)... oh well... (but hey, EVERYONE has their life jackets pics!)

We were just on the navigator, and like the Oasis (and the other ships) you don't need your life jacket for the muster. However, on that little ledge above the closet in our room, pushed allllllll they way back we saw a couple of life jackets. Maybe they are still in all the cabins, just not somewhere obvious.

I can't believe they don't have life jackets in the rooms. What if the ship takes on water BEFORE you can get to your muster station, you're just SOL??:confused:

The reason they are not in the rooms on the Oasis/Allure is they cut the size of the rooms down so much (about 2 feet each way) there is no room to store 4 life jackets. We had an interior large family room for 4 and it was about the size of a low end 2 person room on other ships. And the outside balcony rooms and balconies are even smaller. People have complained that when 4 are in a room you have to crawl over people to get to the bathroom when the sofa futon bed is out. Sad but true. Not complaining, just making observation. How else could they get 100% more people on board a ship that is only 40% bigger? Cut down the size of the majority of rooms and hope they don't complain!

Archived