Splendor Drydock Pictures - San Francisco

CL-JW

Thats awesome pics, thanks for going to the trouble to taking them and posting them. I love this kinda stuff, cant wait to see some pictures of her out of the water.

We may try to get back up there in the coming days to get some more pictures of her fully out of the water. It is a slow process to raise the dry dock so we could not wait. If we can get back up there will post those pictures to this thread as well.

Thanks for posting pictures!!! I was thinking of driving the two hours to SF but didn't end up doing so. I am happy she made it here though!! I wonder if the tug boats ended up being needed at all....

I was following her every few hours on Marine Traffic. The tugs were a good ten miles away from her at all times (based on my estimation), one hugged the coast and the other one trailed her. Thats a very good sign.

After looking at the pictures...

The ship definately has forward propulsion and more then likely able to go in reverse as well. But seeing how the tugs were used in docking ... I think the bow and aft thrusters are not functional.

I also noticed that the ship travelled at a max of 13 knots also very good news as I would now suspect that the ship may only need to replace 1 or 2 generators.

I would like to know what is being done on that ship other then the necessary repairs of the engine room. With a ship being stuck in port I cannot see why they would not be doing a thorough cleaning top to bottom, painting, staining, sanding, carpet cleaning, cleaning the seats and other maintenance issues. Who knows maybe the ship will have all new mattresses and pillows and sheets and towels etc etc etc

I wish I was not already booked for a cruise as I would book the first sailing available.

Tom

We may try to get back up there in the coming days to get some more pictures of her fully out of the water. It is a slow process to raise the dry dock so we could not wait. If we can get back up there will post those pictures to this thread as well.

What street were you on when you took your pics and where do you think would be the best viewing point to catch a shot of her out of the water? I am only about 15 miles from there and would love to get over there to see that.

What street were you on when you took your pics and where do you think would be the best viewing point to catch a shot of her out of the water? I am only about 15 miles from there and would love to get over there to see that.

We were on Terry Francois, near Kelly's Mission Rock Cafe.

After looking at the pictures...

The ship definately has forward propulsion and more then likely able to go in reverse as well. But seeing how the tugs were used in docking ... I think the bow and aft thrusters are not functional.

I also noticed that the ship travelled at a max of 13 knots also very good news as I would now suspect that the ship may only need to replace 1 or 2 generators.

Tom

From what's been published they are replacing one Diesel generator and two alternators.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know exactly what day the Splendor is leaving for Long Beach? Is she leaving today?

Should be leaving next week as they have a Travel Agent presentation on the 19th onboard. John Heald is going to be on board when she makes her way back to Long Beach..... hoping that he provides us fb posts while on board.

According to John they are supposed to leave SF on the 14th for the last bit of sea trials (with full crew and provisions) and land back in LA on the 18th.

That would be great - would love to get back up to SF while she's still here and the weather is still pretty nice.

Archived